1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

At what other school in the US can you get this type of experience??? Hence the reason I'm going all out balls to the wall to earn this money. I have 3 and a half weeks.

Yes, I was nervous and I got choked up because this was the closest I'd ever been to Nelly, lol. Yes, I know they're just normal people, but still, it's different in the moment, lol. I was already thinking before he told me to ask "if he heard of Jenner" that he was gonna say something to me, which made me even more just shocked when he actually did, lol!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghhlXYubHnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

pardon the sideways footage, lol. I need to fix that. I just uploaded it today in a bit of a rush.

3. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

baller:

according to this: https://ifap.ed.gov/sfahandbooks/attachments/sech3-nslds.pdf

But if you owe financial aid, you're required to pay it back before you're eligible again.

Not sure of your situation. But double check with your new school what they need so you understand what the holdup is.

...and bear in mind my legal education is a few steps below that of your worst diploma mill online college. I'm just quick with the google.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I know Lil Wayne (aka Weezy) attended Univ of Houston.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, just to make sure I have everything straight:

- You received $1300 in government grant money to go to a Community college in the summer of 2013

- During that summer, you unfortunately had an illness where you were unable to finish your term at the Community college

- You neglected to tell the instructors or financial aid folks at the school as well as neglected to actually drop the classes

- Fast forward to 2014 where you enrolled in the Nelly school in the summer

- You apparently continued in this school until March 2015 where you again had an unfortunate illness and again were unable to finish the term (kind of assuming here since you didn't spell that out)

- Within the past 3 weeks (apparently since 08/10), you enrolled in $4200 in classes at the Nelly school without having the means to pay for it. I assume you were counting on being able to receive grant money when you registered

- You are now soliciting donations to repay your $1300 in government funding from 2 years ago due to your admitted negligence in failing to properly drop the classes and disclose your illness to the folks at the school

Did I get that right?

6. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Here's footage from Nelly's show on BET called Nellyville. Naturally, they crew came to EI to film an episode where nelly had to do a show in Iowa, but also was scheduled to speak to us here in St. Louis. Obviously he can't be at two places at once, so he wound up recruiting TI to fill in for him to speak to us. You'll find me in the orange shirt. This was around September 2014, hence the clean face. I've since shaved the scraggly beard off, lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DR2BJHNJ_Ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Why should anyone support someone who is posting on a message board while class is in session?

If I was your prof I'd boot you from my class.

8. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I TRULY appreciate your research. I've been in and out of the financial aid office of my school and the registrar's office of my old school. My current school needs a physical copy of my grades from that one term in order to release financial aid. They'd even settle for a picture of the grades. Naturally, I don't have either because I dropped.

The registrar's office at Meramec isn't bending or budging an inch because their policy is if I owe them a dime, they can't release a transcript, official or unofficial. Since it's been 2 years, the balance has gone to collections, being handled by Berger and Berger in North Carolina.

I even tried setting up a payment arrangement with Berger and berger but due to STLCC's request, they cannot do such a thing. Berger and berger were instructed to not accept arrangements, and to only notify STLCC when the balance was paid in full.

9. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Thanks. I've completed my exercises and lab work. And he has every right to come and see what I'm posting about. And I'll be totally transparent. I'm fundraising so that I don't have to drop all of my current classes and owe EI by Nelly 4200 dollars.

10. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

You can call it that. And as a lawyer in court, you'd have to convince the judge to take a walk in MY shoes. These are just words on a message board. If you actually knew what it was like to struggle with your sexuality, deal with loss of parents, deal with the coming home of an older brother that was gone for 10 years (who engaged in gay sex but is ironically homophobic), deal with depression, and deal with a car accident that didn't pay out nearly as much as hoped (picked a **** lawyer, you live and learn), and just overall have your entire world come crashing down all at once. Suicide was an option I highly considered. There was always something that stopped me. I knew I had family that cared dearly, but at times that wasn't enough.

I'm not here to receive sympathy. Any sympathy would be appreciated. I'm here to receive compassion. That same compassion that was shown when my mother died. If it's not here, that's fine. I'll figure out a way to get 1300 dollars in 3 and a half weeks, whether I gotta go to a truck stop and earn it that way, whether I gotta wait tables 24 hours a day. I'm just trying to use my options, here. And being honest. But no, I don't want a sympathy donation. To hell with that. If you can't see that I'm legit, then so be it.

Thank, God bless. Pardon me if I came off as condescending, I just hate when it's implicated that I'm lying. it's always been a peeve of mine, because growing up people would tell me I'm lying when I know I'm telling the truth. I was born in 88, but should have been born in 78 or something.

Still willing to answer any questions.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Whoa...

Stay away from the truck stop bro. Yikes.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If it's a dream, why put it on everyone else to make it happen for you? Get motivated and make it happen. Don't focus on your past - set your goals and knock them out one at a time. If you can't afford the classes or complications now, work a semester or two and save. Looking for handouts from strangers should be the last result or in all actuality - it should not be an option. (for this situation imo)

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This gets my vote for weirdest thread of the day.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Why didn't you get a job and raise the money before enrolling? Maybe save up some money first? I don't understand how you didn't know you would have to pay the money back that you used previously.

15. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

WOW, earn it at a truck stop?!

Did I read that correctly?

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'm not giving any money to Nelly. Not again.

1 person likes this.
  17. Cranberry_Juice

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Not to dissuade you from your dreams, but as someone who attended two colleges (music major) with SRT programs and having friends who pursued careers in audio engineering I have to tell you that the job market is crap. There are more people wanting to do it than there are jobs. I know a few who've become successful and made careers out of it, but most don't. Just be aware that while you might gain some skills, you may not be able to get a job. The school might try to convince you otherwise, but lets be honest, its a for profit college and they want your money. If the job market isn't promising, it's really not in their best interest to tell you. And with the advances in technology and ease of home recording, a growing chunk of the potential client pool opts to not even use studios anymore.

Again, not telling you to not pursue your dream. Just be aware that you might be spending a lot of money on something you won't be able to do for a career and you better have a back up plan lined up in case that happens.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Cyber panhandling, what a great day we live in. You no longer have to beg on city streets.

1 person likes this.
  20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That sounds to logical.