1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey why don't you want Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 1, 2018.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Only half agree with this. LeBron went to Miami and promptly lost to the Mavs which was just a well constructed team peaking at the right time. So how can you say he created it when the teams he lost to didn't do that?

KD is solely responsible for today's NBA landscape. Since I've started watching, never have I seen a team so far above anyone else talent-wise than the Warriors. The Rockets were an elite 65-win team this year and eeked out two close wins to go up 3-2 against the Warriors without Iggy. Sure they may have won but they had some things go right for them until CP3's injury. When KD's Warriors are done in 3-4 years then it will be back to normal.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

With a healthy Luc we are a much better team. Nullifies whatever impact Iggy was gonna have.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

There will be no pouting. If LeBron comes to Houston I will be rooting for LeBron, Paul, Harden, and whatever collection of league minimum players Morey can scrape together to fill out the team.

Bringing in LeBron has its negatives and positives. This thread is highlighting the negatives, but there are also many positives. If someone makes a thread asking why I want LeBron, I can give reasons why I would want him here.

I think many people would have somewhat mixed feelings about LeBron joining the Rockets. A championship without having to bring in LeBron would be more fun than a championship with LeBron. At least for me it would.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

If your team hasn't won a championship in almost 25yrs should you really be picky about how they go about getting one?

#204 1Deep, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Just get Lebron...we have nothing to lose.

luckyman76 and Rocket River like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A team of CP3/Harden/LeBron goes to the championship the next three years

Rocket River

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Replace "goes to" with "wins" and I agree. It would completely wreck the league. There would be no real competition, it would be Houston and then several miles of nothing....then Golden State and Boston....then several miles of nothing and then the rest of the league.

everyday eddie and luckyman76 like this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

But your scenario leaves out The Process in Philly and Boston. It's not just GSW. Everyone is going to get better not worse. It is a moving goalpost. There are multiple teams ganging up. It always comes back to everyone else is allowed to get better but we can't because? This is an era of super teams. It existed in the 80's. We can enjoy it now and it will pass. I assume rule changes come in and we go through a 90's changeover after this crop of stars retire. The key for us putting the best team on the court while we have Harden in his prime. That is a 5 year window starting this year that we shouldn't waste. There will be competition and a lot of enjoyable basketball. Watching the refs decide who wins is no fun. We can all enjoy different eras and have in the past.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I completely agree.
    That team IMO could Three-peat
    For LeBron his legacy would be secured
    As would CP3
    Harden could transistion the next group.

Rocket River

1Deep, luckyman76 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even though the Rockets got CP3, Rockets were upgrading from a 1 star team to an old NBA model 2 star team and role players. Harden and CP3 would have been enough to get it done against 4 all stars and Iggy when everyone on earth thought It wouldn't be nearly enough to compete with OKC. Like I said, it's pride with me. Rockets were an underdog story who went on to win 65 games and push GSW to 7 games. Every accomplishment was amazing because no one outside Houston thought it could be done.

"Beating them with what you have" is simply an underdog dog whistle. It's more satisfying winning as an underdog, is all I'm saying.

Iggy's impact is comparable to Luc's by the way- both were injured and ineffective in the series.

If Lebron comes to Houston, the complaining becomes very different. We go from, "Why isn't anyone paying attention to the Rockets?" to "Why aren't you winning enough by a larger margin?".

I want the Rockets to win, but the potential whining from the penthouse is what I dread most. What will WE ROCKETS FANS complain about with CP3, Lebron and Harden on the roster? I enjoyed complaining from a position of a Have Not watching the media discount the achievement of the underdog Rockets.

BigShasta and Rocket River like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.
  12. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

GSW broke the league already, no harm in breaking it more.

If you guys have seen Lebron this playoffs you'll realise that adding him will take us over the top for sure.

I don't see it happening just because of the practical hurdles alone, but there's no way we should not want him here for our championship aspirations.

DCkid and Rocket River like this.
  13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

For what it's worth I think we're better than Philly and Boston even with this core. Anyways I never said we can't get better. If we could add PG or Kawhi or anyone other than LeBron that would be awesome. It's just the chasing Jordan thing and all the off court cancer LeBron brings with him that I don't want.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Luc was huge for us, but c'mon, Iggy is just a better player. I'm not saying we couldn't have won against them if Iggy was healthy, but it was highly unlikely and we needed things to go our way to have a chance from the beginning. If GS can go out and get KD, I just don't see why we can't go out and get LeBron.

See above.

HP3 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am a turtle, I can wait.

[​IMG]

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That is what I am saying. There are plenty of people on this board who weren't even born the last time the Rockets won a championship.

1Deep, Rocket River and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Muchless had to endure the f*cking Astericks talks . . .and other bullshit

Rocket River

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would depend on rest of the roster. To me it’s a coin flip between warriors and that rockets team. I think people hate the warriors so much that they are underrating how great they really are

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They could not stop Harden and CP3
    True having more 3 pt shooters would help alot and could be the difference
    but
    with Harden CP3 and LeBron driving
    I think them shooting 50% from 2 for the series is not out of reach

Rocket River

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Draymond is better player than PJ. That doesn't diminish the massive impact PJ has on the Rockets team. Iggy is a better player than Luc, but Luc makes the Rockets a different defensive team entirely. Rockets were already giving GSW fits on the defensive end without Luc, Imagine a healthy Luc in there mucking stuff up.

IMO, CP3 and Harden are the best tandem in the league, yes better than KD and Curry. Rockets had the players to guard everyone else. If both teams were healthy, I think GSW still needs the refs help to pull out another game 6 and 7 victory.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with getting Lebron.

HP3 likes this.