1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Texan fans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by GBpack23, May 6, 2023.

1. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

What were your thoughts on your draft? I really liked the CJ Stroud pick. I think he has potential. You guys also seemed to go after defense. I really thought you addressed the D line. Good luck this season and hope you guys bounce back.

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Welcome to CF @GBpack23! Lots of threads on what we think of the draft on the board, so browse to your heart's content.

However, I'm interested in your thoughts as an outsider on what we've done in offseason and draft?

Also interested in how you see the Packers doing as they transition from Rodgers to rebuild (we've been there for a few years).

Cheers,
    Shark44

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I LOVED our draft! I didn't like doubling down on Centers but one can probably move to Guard. I wanted a TE or a RB, more weapons for Stroud.

Sooty and red5rocket like this.
  4. conquistador#11

What's a GB fan doing here? Y'all like our uniforms? Our owner Hannah is hot.
    It should be a very interesting season. It feels like the 2020 Chiefs game was put on pause at halftime. We took a nap and woke up in a nightmare lasting three seasons.

Metchie*, Dalton, Juice, Shaq Olajuwon, Perryman, Rankins, Ward, Will, Stroud
    And Singletary.
    Those are 8 new starters plus a supersub Rb, who could start anywhere and a possible starter in Metchie.
    So almost half the roster has been flipped with players who are better.
    6-9-2(ties) should be the floor.

5. Champs

Champs Member

When Merrill Hodge says Stroud is the only real first round QB in the draft, I tend to listen. Dude is nails on draft pick evaluations (Manziel, Young, Clowney, etc)

Good luck on your season and moving onward from Rodgers. Bet that was a fun ride!

red5rocket and ROXRAN like this.
  6. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I was a sophomore in high school now more than 30 years ago when “The Magic Man”, Don Majkowski was replaced by a relevant unknown QB named Brett Favre. Incredible that for the entirety of my adult life that The Green Bay Packers have been quarterbacked by only (2) QB’s of undoubted Hall-of-Fame pedigree in Favre and Rodgers. I highly doubt that Jordan Love can match such almost unobtainable lofts of expectations established on (3) decades of unprecedented stability at the most important position in football. It will certainly be interesting to watch. I certainly wish The Packers luck

quikkag and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He shined on picking loser picks. Has he shined on winning picks?

8. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Welcome GBpack23!

Right back atcha on the wish for a successful season for your team!
    A lot of people around here were high on LVN.

Just curious. You guys have had such awesome luck with QB's for the last 20 years or so (Favre, Rogers).
    Are you glad they traded A-Rod?
    Think he still has a lot left in the tank?
    Do you have confidence in Love as QB of the future?

thanks and enjoy your time here!

9. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

I honestly think we’re going to have a tough few years with Love. We did draft a WR and 2 Tight Ends but I don’t think we will win the division or anything just yet. I think we’re rebuilding.

quikkag and rfrocket like this.
  10. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

I agree I started watching football in 1996 and I’ve hardly seen any losing seasons. I’ve been spoiled.

quikkag likes this.
  11. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

It was a fun ride although we only won 2 Superbowls in 30 years. I shouldn’t complain though as I sound ungrateful.

12. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

Our 2 teams have always had fun matchups and they are very close games every time we play. Nothing but love for you guys.

quikkag, Buck Turgidson and Wattafan like this.
  13. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

I liked the additions of Dalton Schultz and Singletary. You guys really had an awesome draft too IMO!

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Thanks. Most of us are pretty upbeat on not only the draft, but the off-season FAs and coaching hires.
    I will be following Jordan Love with interest - I hope he turns out for you guys.

15. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

You guys remember Kris Brown kicking a Game winning FG to beat us back in the day?

quikkag likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Good luck to you guys with Love...Rogers got annoying and I'm glad he's now on a team I can actively dislike like the Jets.

Yall, the Lions, and Vikings could make for a fun Division next season, all 3 pretty good (as of now) but nobody's exceptional (yet), Bears could be in some spoiler games depending on QB play.

Reminds me of the AFC South a just a bit.

quikkag likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Sadly that's in the running for a top-10 franchise highlight. ;)

Houston Football hasn't been to a Conference Championship Game since 1979, so count your blessings.

#17 Buck Turgidson, May 6, 2023
    Last edited: May 6, 2023
    quikkag and Blatz like this.
  18. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

It was a good game. I remember watching it in my dorm room at college. I think it was final exam week for the Fall semester.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Shark44 likes this.
  20. GBpack23

GBpack23 Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.