1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEY STUPID......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

IT'S THE ADJUSTMENTS!

Looking back on last nights game, although I detest the GS Warriors but it's more than just about KD, Steph, Klay and the players....IT'S THE COACHING TOO!

Kerr made a simple ADJUSTMENT, in starting Cousins, that gave them a boost and caused them to win last nights game. And I look back on The Rockets series and can't help but to wonder, what adjustments did MDA try to make , once the Rockets fell behind in the series or what ADJUSTMENTS have he ever made in a Playoff Series?

I don't think MDA would have went back to a player who just came back to bench player who just came back from injury, let alone START HIM in a Playoff game.

YOU CAN'T JUST ROLL THE BALL OUT AND LET THE PLAYERS PLAY.....YOU HAVE TO CAOCH TOO

Riz, ballsohard, kjayp and 6 others like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He stopped playing Danuel House and we evened the series.

cbs1507, HP3, ballsohard and 14 others like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

HEY STUPID..when the Rockets fell behind 0-2 in the series they began to play Shumpert heavy minutes, and by game 4 Capela began to sit more in favor of ultra small lineups.

End result, Rockets won both games.

cbs1507, HP3, juanm34 and 12 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

he played shump more minutes and they won 2 games in a row. even game 5 was looking promising but yeah we know how that turned out

5. xaos

xaos Member

We should've used our x all star player returning from injury against warriors

HP3, juanm34, Richie_Rich and 11 others like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you gotta at least admit kerrs role players almost always exibit greatness...perhaps its the confidence they get knowing the refs are on their side?

juanm34, Jontro and alethios like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

I agree with this. But when the OP starts off with "hey stupid" and leads off with that as their example I didn't feel like giving any benefit of the doubt to them or take it too serious

#7 xaos, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    HP3 and crimsonghost like this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's because they double/trap curry and that leaves role players wide open

I think Kerr is overrated. He lost game 1.

juanm34 likes this.
  9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

The one key adjustment that he omitted was not going after Curry/Clay feet after attempting a 3pt'r! He saw what everyone else saw but decided to play possum!! You hit me below the belt... ok the first chance I get I'm going to kick a field-goal with your balls!!!! That first game Kerr had a strategy and Pringles did nothing to stop the madness!! :mad:

You poke my eyes I'm going to gouge yours out!!!

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure except for when they don't - remember when, way back in the heady days of April, the Warriors had lost 2 straight to Houston and people where bemoaning their lack of depth after the big 4 and how they had nobody like Rivers or whatever.

Life is fickle.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

+ Owner
    + Front Office.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#12 J.R., Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Tfor3 likes this.
  13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can't stand Kerr for multiple reasons, but you're correct.. He made some adjustments not only to the beginning of the game but also at half time...

He had Cousins bring the ball down which freed up his shooters... Changed his defense on who was guarding who....

This series will be won by the coaches and their adjustments... Now it's Nick Nurse time...

T_Man

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Steve Kerr is given Curry, Klay, KD, Dray, DMC, Iggy, Livingston, Looney, Cook, Bogut

Then he makes "adjustments" and is a GENIUS!!

Don't get me wrong... I actually think Kerr probably doesn't get enough credit. HOWEVER, what I think he doesn't get enough credit for is principally (i) the first 3-6 months of offseason work the year he was hired, and (ii) his handling of Draymond.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Mr. Clutch

Kerr just adjusted from his dumb strategy in game 1 imo

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Hey dumbass your hot take was already expired 3 weeks ago. Everybody knows Dumbtoni needs to make adjustment, not just posters here even sports analyts have already mentioned it multiple times. You need to make a new thread everytime something happens in the finals? SMH!

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. Mr. Clutch

There is zero reason#1 and #3 weren't done in game 1.

Seriously? Those are genius adjustments?Kerr just screwed up game 1

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

When having more all stars than every other team makes a coach look like a genius. Luke Walton was also a genius before joining the Lakers

smp and xaos like this.