1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Mavs fans, start here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Apr 22, 2015.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Harlan: "Here comes McGrady...and Ooowwww...he just sucked the gravity right outta the building"

Doug Collins: "How bout the passion?! Look at the animation on Tracy McGrady. Normally sleepy eyed"

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You high roaders must not have acquantances or friends that are mavs fans. Because thats what fandom is arguing back and forth and playful banter borderlining hate. One of my bestfriends is a mavs fan and we got an expensive dinner riding on the series. we been talkin smack back and forth the entire time. Well until now shes asking where i want to eat and stopped caring.

Smacktalk is a part of the game and what makes it so exciting as a fan.

If you dont boo or talk smack when you see a mavs fan walking around the toyota center, than you probably sit in the lower bowl and always show up late. Me? I'm always early and heckle every mavs fan i see in good earnest.

3. Airdough

Airdough Member

There's a difference between smack talk and declaring a series over. That line in the past two days has gotten kind of blurred. As of right now, the Mavs don't appear to have many options but they also haven't played well either. They did everything possible to give away game 2 and we let them hang around.

The Spurs had them down 2-0 last year too without looking like the Mavs had many options and then they turn around and make the Spurs sweat out a seven game series. All of these threads popping up feel like premature celebrating versus intra-series trash talking.

4. Airdough

Airdough Member

My bad, not down 2-0 to the Spurs, but the Mavs team coming out in Game 3 isn't that much different than what took last years champs to 7 games.

5. Lando

Lando Member

I could've sworn we had at least two more games to play.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't about not enjoying the Rockets. I loved the win and am rooting my heart out for the Rockets to make it to the next round. That said I've been a fan of Houston sports since the 1980's and one of my first sports memories are of Clyde Drexler, Akeem (then he didn't have the 'H") and the rest of Phi Slamma Jamma lying stunned on the floor as Jimmy Valvano and an unheralded NC State team celebrated. That was followed by watching the Stros giving up a walk off home run in the 9th to the Mets in the 1986 playoffs, the Oilers setting a record for the biggest second half collapse in the playoffs against the Bills, the Rockets going down to the Sonics, The Rockets going down to the Sonics, The Rockets going down to the Sonics.

If you know Houston sports history than you know that when it comes to Houston teams Yogi Berra was right It aint over until it's over.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

OK Then. To you and everyone else presenting the strawman argument against this thread and the OP, due yourself a favor and re-read the OP. Never did he declare the series over. Yet, he rather stated mavs fans looking for what we are saying (smacktalk) look no further come here to quote and see gifs.

Clearly op intended this to be a smacktalk thread. Never declared the series over, but we currently have bbragging rights and the position to boast about it.

Thus leading to all the high roaders who think they are above trash talking.

8. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I agree. This is too much. But I challenge you to do one better, go up 4-0 :)

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Lol. As if fan mindset matters to what the team will do.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

[​IMG]

Ooooo kill em!!

11. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Exactly.

Haha, imagine if these types of fans filled up Toyota center next home game... There'd be no cheering due to fear of feeling embarrassed if the Rockets lost the game, lmao.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bump.

I want to make this EASY on visiting Mavs fans.

[​IMG]

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

one more game.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Technically, yes. But we got this.

There's absolutely no way the Mavs with the personnel they currently have can win four straight against us.

Those of you who are worried about superstition and tempting fate can suck it. Have some faith in your team! We are playing as well as we have at any point this year, and doing so when it counts most.

Who knows what happens in round two? But I know this much: The Mavs will be watching it on TV.

15. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Calm down guys, this series is STILL far from over!

Lol jk jk

16. ribbit

ribbit Member

This is Photoshop Battle material.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

18. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Took 10 years to avenge the 2005 playoffs, WORTH!

[​IMG]

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As a Rockets fan I just can't call it yet. I have faith in my team. One more game.