1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Mavs fans, start here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Apr 22, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably but I wouldn't be visiting their fan site either.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

No wonder his shooting % has declined. Give the dude some eye drops!

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Um... I didn't realize any of us were actually ON the court. We're not players, we're fans.

I'm totally on board with the Rockets players taking the high road until the first round is over and even after that -- their job isn't done until they hoist a trophy. As FANS, though, nothing any of us do or say here is going to have any effect whatsoever on how this series actually plays out.

Do I care at all if the Mavs fans think I'm classless? No, because they're MAVS fans and they long ago cornered the market on classless.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thank God that some of our fans don't actually play for the Rockets. We'd been in a hell of a lot of trouble.

If you've ever played or coached, you would understand that the best mindset is, literally, "one game at a time."

We haven't won anything yet. We've been here before. Utah. Dallas many years ago.

Even with Portland last year, we thought we had it together until late collapses in the fourth quarter/overtime. Well, that and a man named Jeremy Lin who forgot about being intelligent and playing like a team.

Anyway, the last thing the Rockets need to do is be too cocky. Confident is great. Cocky is another.

Our mindset should be that we need to go into Dallas and at least SPLIT.

I loved last night's game, but I'd much rather get out of the first round for the first time since RonRon left us.

Save me from this stuff, though.

5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

IBTL .....Please lock this.

6. tnopham

tnopham Member

Your memory must be really bad. Let me refresh it. 2004-05 and 2006-07

Both series we went up 2-0 and ended up losing in 7. Although I like your enthusiasm, this series is far from over. Last I checked you need to win 4 games to advance.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm glad we lost the first round last year. if we won, we'd probably still have Chandler and Lin on the roster. Those two only played offense. Sometimes it felt like it was for the other team. I like this team so much better. They get it done.

Good luck with your modeling career Chandler. Good luck over playing your hand in LA Lin. Wish us luck trying to win a championship.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wrong.

No Parsons and no Rondo? The Mavs are toast.

Carlisle has two options: Defend Harden or defend the paint. He doesn't have the personnel to do both. If he continues to double-team Harden (with Ellis? Felton? Bad-toe Harris? BAREA?) , Dwight/Josh will keep making them look silly inside. If he leaves only a single man on Harden, Beard will torch them like he's done against single-coverage all year long.

Carlisle is a good X-and-O guy, but the job he's done with managing a volatile-yet-effective player in Rondo has been pathetic. McHale, who gets dinged as a terrible coach, had magically transformed Josh Smith into a critical asset on an already-good team.

Sorry for the digression, but I hate people thinking that game strategy is the be-all and end-all when it comes to discussing the value of an NBA head coach.

Getting back to the topic: The Mavs might win a game, or maybe two. But make no mistake, they're toast.

#48 topfive, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope the Mavs are toast but I've seen overconfidence bite us in the ass too many times before.

This is Houston. You should never celebrate too early. Not at halftime of a football game, not at 5 innings of a baseball game, and most definitely not at two games of a seven game series.

1 person likes this.
  11. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Screw you guys who are up in a huff about this. It's all fun. I would normally say go soft on the other fans, but when you have an owner like that asshat Cuban - nothing wrong with a little trash talk. I'm sure Morey would like to rub it in - but if he's gonna take the higher road, fans have to step in.

1 person likes this.
  12. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol hands down the funniest meme is this
    [​IMG]

13. bigben69

bigben69 Member

That meme above is hilarious but this thread is dumb. Out of all fan-bases, we should know better than to have this thread this soon. No matter how done it feels, anything is possible and it has happened to us before.

14. spark06

spark06 Member

Lol @ people reaching ten years in the past to draw a comparison to our current situation. Apples to oranges. I don't remember one of, if not, Utah's BEST player being out for a series, nor Dallas', in those comebacks. Anything is possible, but I've got a better chance at being struck by lightning then Dallas' decrepit team winning 4 out of 5 games against us!

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just your daily reminder...

[​IMG]

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think we really need a thread to remind the world that Dallas is fast becoming the armpit of the Southwest Division.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Ugh. Win 4 before we post this crap.

18. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Screw your high roads. This is the playoffs, where our team has to go HARD or go home. Be a damn fan and go hard with them. Stop worrying about looking bad if we lose, enjoy a damn win for once and stop tip toeing around it. As fans, we won't be the reason for a Rockets first round exit, so stand by your team and don't take that ***** from the Mavs fans.

I pulled a couple of great pics from their board, where there was much talk about us being pretty damn stupid, someone even said they should hurt Brewer (because he's a toothpick) to send a message. They said they are better at every position other than SG. They said they'd win in 4, some said 5 games. No one said 7.

[​IMG]

And some of you really want to bend over and take that? I'm *****ing ashamed of you. What if we do lose this series? What will you do then? Find a damn corner to cry in? Take comfort in the fact that you took "the high road?" Would that boost morale around here? "oh, we lost to the worst team in the playoffs BUT ATLEAST I RESPECTED THEIR FANS".

Holy crap what kind of timid, holier than thou, "I tip my hat to you, good sir" bull***** of a fanbase do we have here? Wait till we win four games? THERE WON'T BE ANY MAV FANS AROUND once we eliminate them! They're calling you the dumbest fans out there, they call your team a bunch of girls, they say your team is the easiest to beat in the playoffs, they utterly hate and have ZERO respect for you! Oh but lets take the high road so we'll feel much better about ourselves as individuals with feelings. Yeah that will help us sleep at night after a loss. That can be our security blanket when the Mavs pull out a win and we have to see nonstop delusional, smug Mav fans continually remind us, before we knock them out of the playoffs, that their team is better than ours and will come back and win this series.

SHAKING MY DAMN HEAD. Cheer for your team. Enjoy the winning. And in the spirit of competition, FIGHT BACK.

I mean DAMN...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what a bunch of high horse pansies. no trash talking allowed? what the hell kinda fan does that? trying to be "politically correct". its just trash talking, no one's stooping to anyone's level. insecure issues or what? i dont get it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member