1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey its just another friendly bombing from the peaceful islamic people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OddsOn, Jul 12, 2010.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Al-Shabaab Islamists suspected in deadly Ugandan World Cup bombings

Somali Islamists carried out two bomb attacks in Kampala, killing at least 64 people as they watched the World Cup final, Ugandan authorities said on Monday.

Suspicion fell on the al-Shabaab rebel group, which claims links with al-Qaeda, after the severed head of a suspected Somali suicide bomber was found at one of the blast sites.

If those suspicions prove true, it would be the first time that al-Shabab has carried out an attack outside of Somalia.

The explosions ripped through two bars packed with football fans watching the final moments of World Cup in an Ethiopian-themed restaurant and at a gathering in a Kampala rugby club on Sunday.

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni toured the blast sites on Monday and vowed to bring the attackers to justice: “We shall go for them wherever they are coming from."

Al-Qaeda-inspired al-Shabaab militants in Somalia have threatened to attack Uganda for sending peacekeeping troops to the anarchic country to prop up the Western-backed government.

"At one of the scenes, investigators identified a severed head of a Somali national, which we suspect could have been a suicide bomber," said Felix Kulayigye, an army spokesman.

"We suspect it's al-Shabaab because they've been promising this for long," he said on Monday.

There has been no claim of responsibility for the bombings. But an al-Shabaab commander in Mogadishu praised the attacks. He admitted he did not know whether they were the work of his group, which is fighting to overthrow the Somali government.

"Uganda is a major infidel country supporting the so-called government of Somalia," said Sheikh Yusuf Isse, an al-Shabaab commander in Somalia's capital Mogadishu.

"We know Uganda is against Islam and so we are very happy at what has happened in Kampala. That is the best news we ever heard," he said.

An American aid worker was among those killed and US President Barack Obama, condemning what he called deplorable and cowardly attacks, said Washington was ready to help Uganda in hunting down those responsible.

Ten of the dead were either Ethiopian or Eritrean, a police spokesman said.

Ethiopian troops invaded Somalia in 2006 to oust an Islamist movement from Mogadishu. That sparked the Islamist insurgency which still rages.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

religion of peace, yo.

[​IMG]

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ZOMG!!!! What kind of religion would glorify and support murder?????

[​IMG]

I guess you're afraid of a little competition?

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-july-7-2010/wish-you-weren-t-here'>Wish You Weren't Here<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:340607' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/Tea+Party'>Tea Party</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

#3 Ottomaton, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You ****ing moron.

1 person likes this.
  5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

the religion doesn't support it, the fanatics who have been brought up to believe that the Qur'an calls for these acts support it. don't confuse the two, it's unfortunate that a religion of over 1 and half billion people gets such a bad rap for the acts/beliefs of such a small portion

6. AXG

AXG Member

A small portion of 1.5 billion people is still a lot of people.

1 person likes this.
  7. uolj

uolj Member

In other news, there was another friendly shooting from the peaceful American people in Albuquerque, today.

Which makes his statement all the more true.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

There are certainly Christian terrorists as well and I wouldn't want all of Christianity to be judged by the actions of those extremists just like I wouldn't want white people to be judged by the actions of the KKK.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

you're being too kind

1 person likes this.
  10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

you give republicans a bad name....yo

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Oh, no. We have to now invade Uganda to turn it into a demcoracy. What a bummer for the voluntary army.

Oh, wait. I guess we don't really have to but it sure proves why we had to invade Iraq and why we need to occupy Afghanistan. After all someone mentioned Al Qaeda.

Anybody else get tired of dropping a few more hundred billion or two any time a couple of crazies claim to be in Al Qaeda?

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

FIFY!

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

So I looked at the thread title and I already knew what this was.

Well, let's start s*** in this thread! I hate extremist Muslims. But I should mention I hate extremist Christians or the extremist religious of all kind. Why restrict your internet pettiness to just one misguided creed?

Fun fact.

Most of the genocides in the last twenty years are directly correlated with Christianity and confirm what we already to some degree know already-organized religion isn't much good at dealing with essential evil (for 2000 points, which organization signed a treaty with Hitler and Mussolini, had a system for molesting boys (and then hiding the criminals who did so) and still holds "moral legitimacy"?) .

Serbia-
    Rwanda-
    Burundi-
    So I guess, if you were in that generalizing, stereotyping and ignorant frame of mind, you can say Islam champions those small-time bombings...

And Christians just burst out into genocide.

My take? Religion is good as a tonic but as organizations? Terrible inefficient. Utter failures you might say. For guardians of moral virtue, they fail so often and so badly. I can't say that the pros outweigh the cons, even if there are some good pros.

No beef against individual beliefs, y'all are cool, just please don't organize and start internet crusades against other religions so you can feel better about yours.

2 people like this.
  14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot Somalia.

15. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What I find sad and tad bit disturbing is that the OP decided to post this in the debate forum.

What is there to debate here? Forget the mourning and alarm over 64 dead people. Lets post this in the debate so I can bash Muslims.

Seems almost as if some in this thread want things like this to happen so they can get giddy, run over to this forum and start bashing Islam.

1 person likes this.
  18. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's good that we don't know a few of these posters personally. I cannot imagine how pathetic their lives are or how they survive in such a dysfunctional society that they have created in their heads.

If only there were an Intervention for political idiots. I would sign a few of your right up to be taped and sent somewhere to get a reality check. No, not BillO's fake reality check.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I applaud OddsOn and Basso - at least they are being open about their prejudice against Islam and Muslims.

I mean, calling them a moron or anything isn't going to change their opinion. I don't think anything will.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They're right though.

Since we're so sure, then why don't we make Islam illegal? or maybe just marginalize Muslims and Islam? Ban minarets or something like that.

It's so obvious dude. Islam teaches its followers to be violent. Therefore we either get rid of the ideology or the people. Why wait? It's not as though we're unsure. There's just so much proof of it out there, and these Somalis are just once example.

Perhaps it's that pesky "political correctness" that those moronic liberals and/or progressives are overly concerned about (where are their priorities?). I swear by the time they acknowledge the urgency and seriousness of the matter, we will all be at our knees. God help us.