1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Donny (Personal Training Certification)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigboi, Nov 6, 2007.

1. bigboi

bigboi Member

Thats the gym I belong to, I will have to look into that so whats the deal if you want to train solo I guess you would just have to market yourself huh.

How does 24hr split the fee?

2. ClockworkOrange

As far as doing it solo, you're correct as far as having to market yourself. However, gyms don't like it when you train somewhere there (unless you're one of their trainers of course).

Which fee are you referring to? The Apex class is free. They send everyone that's hired to be a trainer to that class, regardless if you have a cert or not. 24 does have an erinchment program in which they pay for your NASM cert if you reach certain goals.

3. bigboi

bigboi Member

I was talking about from the client, actually could you give me a run down on how that works across the board. Do you set your rate or is that done by the club and if you do go solo what type of clubs would you work out of?

4. ClockworkOrange

Oh ok. Client fees vary. Some clubs like 24 have it predetermined. Also the number of certifications you have determine the percentage you get per sale (training packages) and the amount you get for each session you train. You can reach a Master Trainer level, where you can set your own prices (somewhat).

There are other clubs (usually the smaller ones) where you can set your own prices but you have to pay "rent". Those clubs are more beneficial once you have a clientele base built up. A lot of trainers from those clubs come from having worked at a bigger gym like a 24, or do side gigs there (weekeds).

No club that I know of will let you train unless you work for them. I could be wrong though. I just haven't heard of any. You best bet for that would be the gyms where you pay rent and get 100% of what you sell. Your clients still need to get a membership to that gym, but they're usually dirt cheap. However, I suggest building up a client base first. I'd say close to 10 people.

Hope that helped.