1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Cuban...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baqui99, Apr 21, 2015.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, there is a poster named rimrocker over there and he is either the best troll or worst pessimistic fan ever. Ill go with the former and hes had me rolling on all the threads on dallas-mavs.com.

Fah lawl lawl lawl... la lawl lawl lawlz.....

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

lol. i cant rep you anymore

4. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Nice! Think it would've worked better if you had 'trailing' instead of 'losing' or flip the original message "'objects in mirror are closer than they appear" to 'objects in mirror are not as close as they appear'.

Love that one with Cuban's face all red and smoke coming out everywhere hahah awesome!! How sweet it is

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is hands down the best NBA fan forum on the interwebs, and it's not even close.

6. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Sat behind Cuban tonight. Don't get how anyone can hate this guy. He took the time to talk to plenty of fans, myself included, and is a cool dude. Had alot of fun with the fans even when they were chanting "cuban sucks." Mad respect for him.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to topfive again."

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I'm sure Mark Cuban as a person is a cool guy, but Mark Cuban as owner is douche. I'm sure you remember that back handed compliment he gave to James Harden but dissed the team, and that whole sign parsons to max so morey will match to screw with the rockets debacle.

My friend actually met him once at a restaurant. Had an engaging talk with the guy about basketball, but when he brought up the rockets, he quickly changed the topic.

9. reliableman

reliableman Member

Yeah. That Cubano and Persons look realistik!

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

In before Parsons quits NBA for modeling career.

11. nemac

nemac Member

I think it makes sense because 'objects in the mirror are losing' has seen applied to drivers that think of driving as a game...which basketball is.

12. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Ah didn't know that, cool!

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Gerrson Rosas:

"I made the personal decision to resign as general manager of the Dallas Mavericks after determining that the position was not the best fit for me at this point in my career. The decision was made solely by me, as I firmly believe this change is in my best interest. Mark Cuban asked me to reconsider my decision, but graciously accepted my decision and we part as friends. I would like to thank Mark and the Dallas Mavericks for the opportunity."

14. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Cuban is easy to hate on, but I have respect for the guy, if i was a billionaire i would be running my team and saying the same things as he is, hell i say most of it as a fan.

All of us would get butt hurt when we lose and giddy when we won, the guy is living his dream, hes living all of our dreams.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That's funny...and I'm a Mavs fan (Rockets too).

17. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

A glimmer from a Mavs fan or a double agent:

Don't blame Harden for being skillful enough to game the system. If only Monta Ellis had the handles to pull this off.

The rule:

To get into a legal position defending against the dribble, the defender needs to get his torso directly in the path and beat him to the spot. On a drive to the basket, the defender must get to his position before the shooter starts his upward shooting motion.

The first rule is the one Harden is exploiting with faking direction changes and getting defenders out of position and giving up the only legal position they have. Once you bite you are basically at Hardin's mercy. Aminu had excellent defensive position on Harden but wasn't disciplined enough to hold it. He bit on the direction change. Of course knowing you have a help defender is also good.

I have some issues with the interpretation of the second rule. Upward means upward and should not be interpreted to mean upward but leaning forward into a defender.

The problem comes in when a defender beats him and cuts him off. It becomes a cat and mouse game where a defender either has to be

A: Quick enough to adjust to stay in front of him by moving both his feet and torso to block the path when Harden decides to change direction and

B: Be quick enough to defend the original point of attack and get back in front of Harden.

Harden is a MASTER of feinting a direction change. The moment a defender moves and tries to over compensate to recover you're basically done for. He's already in the shooting motion and looking to cause contact. He shouldn't be the Beard. He should be the Spider.

So what's the answer?

Don't leave the spot!

This of course leaves the prospect of Harden going around said defender and getting to the basket but at that point he's obviously someone else's problem. Ideally the guard that was shaken loose on the pick.

AFA shut it down like NAFTA

Not Another Fast-break Turnover! Ahhh!

20. ln3012

ln3012 Member

have you heard his quotes? specifically about the Rockets? it's pretty easy to hate on him. i don't think anyone wishes bad things happen to him in his personal life, but when it comes to basketball it's so much fun to see him eat crow