1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Clutch, Anderson Didn't Sign Today...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan17, Sep 11, 1999.

1. RocketFan17

RocketFan17 New Member

Hey Clutch after promising to us today that Anderson would sign, he didn't. You know what? My source told me that the Rockets are going to sign the Telletubbies. After working them out, they decided not to sign after all.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nobody promised anything. What's your problem?

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Geez, I'm sorry Clutch's source wasn't 100% correct. It's not like Clutch was the one who promised it would happen(kinda the opposite). All Clutch did was post interesting information from a Houston-based source on his site so you could get your daily fix. What else do you want from the guy?

4. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

He didn't promise anything man. He even reitirated that he was unsure of his validity. I think Anderson will sign. But I this TelleTubbie business. Sounds exciting. Add Barney to that and we got the top starting 5 in the league.

5. TraJ

TraJ Member

Add Barney and I think we've got someone we can trade to the Raptors straight up for McGrady. [​IMG]

6. RocketFan17

RocketFan17 New Member

Guys, I'm just fooling with his mind because he was raggin on me earlier...lol

7. BasketballFan

BasketballFan New Member

Rockets signed MJ today and reactivated Calvin's #23 jersey. Rudy T said in the following news conference that Pippen will stay so he can be reunited with MJ. He however emphasized that Hakeem is the No.1 option on this team, as he put it:"we are still going to be a post up team on which MJ will get lots open looks of 3s".

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually RocketFan17 has been annoying prick since he came on this board. His screams that we gave up too much for Francis, that "we should have done just a one-for-one Maloney for Francis deal" kind of tell you the hamster is running slow in that brain cage.

Thanks for the defense guys, but I'm not surprised by his post.

------------------
    Clutch

"Give me the left side of the menu and a coke diet."
    -- Thomas Hamilton
    www.clutchcity.net

tmoney1101 likes this.
  9. Prophet

Prophet Member

Lol.......prick, that's funny as hell....sorry, doesn't take much to get me laughing.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

RocketFan17 doesn't by any chance live in the 713 area code, does he?

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Will--don't ya mean "work" in the 713 area code?

12. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I never cease to be amazed by the ingratitude of some people.

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Isn't it enough that Clutch even set up this site so we could get this sort of information?

14. WORLD B. FREE

WORLD B. FREE New Member

Nobody needs to freak because he didn't sign yesterday. He likes Houston. He can be a starter here. He has told his friends he is going to play for us.

He's just trying to give the Jazz a chance to sign and trade him. Why sign today and completely negate a sign and trade possiblility and more $$$ for him? Give them a chance to cave in. Either way, I think he will be a Rocket soon.

15. RocketFan17

RocketFan17 New Member

I'm an annoying prick?! I never said anything about a Maloney for Francis trade. In fact, I corrected some people that said we gave up too much for Francis. I thought it was a hell of a deal. This post was the first thing annoying thing I posted. I posted this because I asked you if you could get in contact with your source again and then you were being a sarcastic jerk. You said something like "now there's an idea, haven't thought of that." I was just giving you some of your own medicine. I'm sorry if you guys think I have an ingratitude problem, but I just don't like it when people rag on me.

16. RocketFan17

RocketFan17 New Member

If you want me to prove that I'm not an annoying prick and that Clutch is making up stuff, here's the headlines of all the messages I've ever posted here and you can check them out if you wish...

Hey Clutch, Anderson Didn't Sign Today...

Hey Clutch...(I was simply telling him to get in contact with his source, granted I shouldn't have cussed, but I was just dissapointed)(then he ragged on me)

I Wish Shandon Anderson Would Hurry Up And Just Sign!!!

The Francis Trade Was A Straight Trade...(I know this old, but hear me out)

Why Do You Guys Think We Have A Depleted Bench???

How much can we offer Shandon Anderson?

Too Bad There Are No Slam Dunk Contests At The All Star Game

For Pippen To Do Better...

A Question For Those With Sources...

Venson Hamilton??? We're going to add another fattie?!

For All Those Fans Who Dislike Pippen or Barkley...

Question for those people with the "sources":

2000 Western Finals: Texas Showdown

Rudy's Word On The New Offense...

Thoughts on the trade

What will Our Roster Look Like?

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

And to prove RocketFan17 is an annoying prick:

<font face="arial" size="1">
    Posted at 8:17pm
    I have some questions for you Clutch: Can you find out how close Anderson is to signing now? Also, can you find out which channel and what time will the signing wit be announced? I think just about every member would like these questions answered...

Posted at 10:54pm under the subject "Hey Clutch... "
    Can you get in contact with your source and see what the hell is going on with the whole Shandon Anderson thing?

Posted at 2:11am under the subject "Hey Clutch, Anderson Didn't Sign today..." (NO KIDDING?)
    Hey Clutch after promising to us today that Anderson would sign, he didn't. You know what? My source told me that the Rockets are going to sign the Telletubbies. After working them out, they decided not to sign after all.
    </font>

And regardless of what you might say now, I'm 100% positive you were in here b****ing about the Rockets giving up too much and saying we should do a one-for-one for Francis. You can do a search all you want on the threads currently in here -- the posts from the time frame of Francis' trade are gone.

All 3 of your posts saying, "Um, when is he signing now? You promised, you promised!" reek of "are we there yet Papa Smurf?" Do you really think getting back in contact with the "source" hadn't already crossed my mind? And you decided it was worthy of 3 posts?

I know well what you were trying to do. I mean really, who the hell do you think you are?

In closing, you're not just an annoying prick, you're an oblivous fool. As last week's All-Slam Friday winner said at AstrosConnection, I wouldn't take a leak on your face if your teeth were on fire.

------------------
    Clutch

"Give me the left side of the menu and a coke diet."
    -- Thomas Hamilton
    www.clutchcity.net

18. Redglare

Redglare Member

Clutch, you are EN FUEGO.

(ps...can you call rudy to see where pippen will be traded?)

19. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

RocketFan17,

You are the reason why the guys over at the LaTimes Forum make fun of us.

I can act as a witness to defend Clutch's words. I remember reading your post about the possible Francis trade. That's when I decided to post "Let me make it clear for you." In it, I explained how it would be impossible to trade for Francis with the Matts. Clutch posted a reply saying something like "I think RocketFan17 is the only person who is not being realistic about the trade. Most of us understand we will have to give up Dickerson and Othella."

I remember other guys saying we would be giving up too much to get Francis. At least their arguments made sense, though.
    They said we would be giving up too much, hence the trade should not be made at all.

Why the heck do you think Clutch's first sentence in his post explained that he did not know if it was legit or if the guy could be trusted.
    It was basically a note meant for you.

Clutch, don't let this idiot stop you from posting news from your sources. I know I love it when I know about a trade or signing days before it comes out officially. Even if it doesn't happen, it gives us something interesting to talk about.

[This message has been edited by Ace (edited September 11, 1999).]