1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hesitation!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I notice that word creeps into alot of conversation about the Rockets offense.

Everyone except T-Mac, Mike James and Maybe Bonzi
    seems to tentative and hesitent

LET IT FLY GUYS!
    At this point I shot in flow is better than an extra pass to the covered man

They lacking CONFIDENCE or something!

Rocket River

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

FIRE RICK ADELMAN!

:D

sorry... nothing to do with the thread, just annoyed as hell right now after another sh!tty loss.

3. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

That's what i've been saying too. The players are thinking in offense, so their rhtyhm are off. And bad offense affectes their defense too.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

you'd lose confidence too if you can't hit the broad side of the barn

5. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

You eat with forks and knives and then you mom throws them away and gives you a pair of chopsticks. You are learning to use it and are clueless in occassions. and now your mom said:why are you so HESITANT! it's just eating, son." F@ck that :mad:

6. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

I actually found that very not interesting/sad because those who are not HESITANT are those who has been chucking shots all the time, oh, MAYBE Bonzi is not ;)

7. allforone

allforone Member

possbily , if they wont hesitate , the shooting percentage will go up a little bit ? ......

I barely hope Mike James aint reading this thread.....he is the one who NEEDS to hesitate

8. blender

blender Member

I wonder how much of the hesitation is mental and how much is players not getting the ball their "hot zones," places on the court where they feel most confident shooting.

I remember reading news stories long ago about when Jason Kidd first went to the Nets and began practicing with his new teammates. He'd keep talking how he's focusing on figuring out each of his teammates offensive strengths, where players want the ball and how they want it - that is, how he can get the ball to them in their offensive rhythm.

Rafer Alston has been good (or at least the best of the bunch) at setting up the offense and getting players in position at the beginning of an offensive set. But I'm don't see him being effective at setting up players for their shots when he has to improvise in the middle of a play. At the same time, a lot of this ineffectiveness is probably a result of Alston's poor shooting, which allows defenses to play him soft and not allow him to dictate the offensive flow.

I don't think this affects Yao and T-Mac as much because many of their points come from set plays drawn up to get them their shots. But it probably plays into the tentativeness seen by the the role players, I think.

By the way, this is not meant to be a bashing of Alston. I know he's trying his best, which I appreciate, and I realize not every team can have a Jason Kidd or a Steve Nash.

9. blender

blender Member

I forgot to add my last sentence:

But that doesn't mean we should stop looking. :)

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Didn't Rafer said that team needs desire and MOTIVATION!

I think that Rick Adelman should start being more agressive as a coach or T-Mac to step out and to be VOCAL leader something that Juwan Howard and Deke were last year.