1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

He's arguably having the best season in Rockets history,but do you now trust Harden in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Do you trust Harden in the playoffs?

1. Yes

48.8%
  2. No

19.4%
  3. I trust Harden but trust Chris Paul more.

31.9%
  1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Skip Bayless trusts the Spurs tho. :eek:

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is my ranking as well

What do u think it would take for him to pass Hakeem? I say an MVP which he’s now got, 3 titles, and about 4-5 more years of insane statlines

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can't give specific metrics, but certainly if he did what you did he'd probably surpass Hakeem technically. I'm not sure he could EVER surpass him in my heart though.

That said, it's possible he's the greatest Rocket ever without passing Hakeem on titles, but I'd think he'd need to at least tie him.

Reeko likes this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

For some of us it will be near impossible for him to ever surpass Hakeem because he brought us the first and then followed it up with a second... but yeah a couple titles and another 6 years over over the top stats would make it hard to argue against him. He's already the best guard we've ever had by far.

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue I have is that Harden WILL NEVER surpass Hakeem in Defense.

Offensively, sure he can pass Dream, but it's a different position and different era.

But defense is defense, blocks, steals, rebounds

Dream is the best

I think Dream can even block Harden's step back

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He also basically spent his entire adult life to that point in Houston. He went to U of H, was drafted by H and played all but one season in H. He was Houston's adopted African son. And he was the most graceful and respectful person off the court. Harden will never surpass that, regardless of what he does on the court.

For clarity, I'm not saying Hardens character will hold him back. It's just that Hakeem's was so profound that it far outshines Harden in every way imagineable.

tinman and VooDooPope like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically Hakeem is PURE

8. davee

davee Member

NOPE. he needs to prove it to us first. also, playoff basketball is tough and he will need to play some d which he has not proved that he wants to do yet. Imagine what Klay or Curry can do to us if Harden doesn't play d...

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden has been playing solid defense throughout these playoffs...

Have u even been watching?

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What if he wins 2 MVPs (and having 2 runner ups already), has only one title (during the gsw era) but has 5 more years of insane stat lines with another 3-4 fading but good stat lines and ending up the all time rockets leading scorer?

Probably still a no right?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d say no...I think he’ll definitely have to win more than 1 title

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I want to trust Harden but am afraid he'll do another no show like game 6 last year if we're down 3-1 or 3-0.

13. BigMaloe

Imagine how crazy that is tho lol

The all time leading scorer, a 2xMVP, a 2x runner up MVP, 10 years of insane statistical dominance, roughly 15 years with the team, brings a championship during the gsw dynasty and he still would probably universally be regarded as #2

It goes to show just how dominate Hakeem was but also how important #s of titles are in regards to legacy.

I love Hakeem, but personally I’m pullin for harden to be the best rocket of all time.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, it really is a testament to just how great Hakeem was

I hope Harden can surpass him and also cement himself as the 2nd best SG of all time behind MJ

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. BigMaloe

3-4 rings shall do it :cool:

Reeko likes this.
  16. McLovins

McLovins Member

Harden can have an off game from time to time, but who doesn't.
    He'll be just fine. Gordon or Anderson need to hit some shots, this worries me more than Harden or Paul not playing well some times.

Stormy1234 and saleem like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dream had the unbelievable will to gift us those ships.

That Starks block. The Spurs series that wiped away HCA from the best team and made a grown MVP cry. The Clyde tip in in game 1

I think his heroics made fans think it was easy building a team. Took twenty years to make that magic of a locked on team work again.

I hope harden gives us not 1... Not 2... Not 3... Dream will be up there as the man who broke Houston's championship cherry.

tinman likes this.
  18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It'll be a different opinion for every Rockets fan. It's one thing hearing about Hakeems greatness and it's another thing watching it live.

Imo in my eyes it'll be hard for him to surpass Hakeem.

First and most importantly, he'll have to win 2 championships for sure, championships do have different weights, for example, GSW winning the championship last year with a Curry/Durant/Klay/Green combo with little to no competition, weighs much less than a, Nowitzki beating the Heatles almost by himself, championship. If Harden wins a championship this year beating a healthy GSW team and Lebron, to me that's worth a lot more than a "the favorites winning the championship" title (speaking in general).

He'll have to also continue producing accolades like all star selections, scoring/assist titles, 1st all NBA teams, another MVP wouldn't hurt etc but barring injury that's probable.

Comparing stats is hard because they play two different positions, Harden will never have the rebounds/blocks that Hakeem has amassed, but then again Harden will surpass Hakeem in points and assists easily.

It'll be tough, especially the championships since GSW exists and show no signs of slowing down. However the crazy thing about Harden is that he improves drastically each year which is weird because he's been a superstar for a while now, any true Rockets fan old or young should want Harden to surpass Hakeem, it'd mean more success for the franchise.

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's having the 2nd best statistical post season so far. Why wouldn't you trust him?

[​IMG]

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How can he be the best in Rockets history when Hakeem was Top 3 best defensive guy in History of the game and his offensive game is probably Top 50-60 of Alltime.

That is asking Harden to win 1 championship playing CP3 kind of Defense while having just Clint Capela on his team as the 2nd guy. Then win another one with CP3 on board.

I think he will be a very good 2nd Best Rocket of Alltime if he keeps that up.

Well, he can win more championships being the first or 2nd banana. But he will never be the player Hakeem was, that is someone who comes in every 40-50 years.

Someone who dominated the game, dominated other superstars on both ends.

#240 daywalker02, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018