1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's an interesting question.. Will Francis make the All-Star team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ehsan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Alright, we all know that Francis shouldn't have been a starter on all those All Star teams when he was here. However, the Yao fans really put in the votes.

Now, I think back to the last few years and I distinctly remember David Wesley and Shane Battier getting WAY more votes than they should've gotten.

Now if Francis gets decent minuets on the Rockets (25-30 minutes) and helps this team succeed... Is there a chance he gets in the All Star game ASSUMING T-Mac is listed as a Forward rather than a Guard?

I think it's possible... Discuss...

2. The Brian

The Brian Member

no.

i really doubt it.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's a 3rd option now. no more 20-6-6 for steve.

the ball won't be in his hands for 40mpg either so that ast total will drop.

he's not 25 anymore either so i don't think he's gonna get 6 boards a game either.

overall i'd expect 12-4-4. doesn't look great but with yao, tmac, bonzi, and james, steve doesn't have to do THAT much anymore.

5. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

Not a chance in hell... Nash, Parker, Kobe, Ray Ray, all have a better chance in making it than Francis.

Francis ain't what he used to be.

6. The Brian

The Brian Member

ray allen is on the eastern conference now.

7. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

No, but he might get a ring. The West is shaping up as ridiculous, and the East is just embarassing. There can't be alot of celebration in Dallas or River City. In Texas the Rockets may vault from Least to Beast.

9. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

Remember, being a starter has nothing to do with production. What were Yao's numbers the first time he made the All Star team?

Starters are based purely on popularity, nothing else. Yes, production factors into popularity, but there is a different situation here with Yao.

Sorry I didn't see the other thread!

10. SupraJames

SupraJames Member

Woops, my bad. Good catch

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

while i think yao is still going to be the starter, i wouldnt be surprised if a lot of ballots are stuffed in oden's favor esp if he starts pretty decently it seems any center not named yao will get major credit for putting up 15/8 consistently.

and with durant the forward position isnt a lock for tmac...
    now if he is listed as a guard then probably.....but way too many kobe fans for francis to take over kobe's spot and way too many tmac fans to take over tmac.

unless tmac is listed as a forward steve has no chance to be a all-star starter

as a reserve? well his play will have to dictate that

12. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

kobe, nash, tmac, AI, chris paul, baron davis, brandon roy, parker, deron williams.... all ahead of francis

13. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

14. Junetastic

Junetastic Member

Regardless of his stats, he's a danger to be voted an all-star this season because of the Chinese vote. I've seen David Wesley get more votes than Baron Davis and Jason Richardson a couple years ago.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The threads point was with all of the chinese fans stuffing the ballots and could this translate into another Francis All Star appearance. And I think it could. My question would be if he makes without deserving it will the NBA change the balloting system. I mean Francis' all star appearances were questionable in the past but at least he had numbers to make it debatable. But if he gets in now without the stats then surely many will complain it is the Chinese connection.

16. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

As Rockets fans, we should stuff the ballot boxes with Franchise votes just because it would be great to say we have three all-stars instead of two on our team :)

Good times. Good times.

17. Junetastic

Junetastic Member

Forwards: Kevin Garnett (Minn) 1,616,575; Tim Duncan (SA) 1,436,584; Carmelo Anthony (Den) 1,309,945; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 1,276,304; Shane Battier (Hou) 1,025,643; Shawn Marion (Pho) 551,173; Lamar Odom (LAL) 438,824; Josh Howard (Dal) 412,102; Pau Gasol (Mem) 364,459; Carlos Boozer (Utah) 359,882.

Shane's a great role player, but come on, over a million votes? He's even ahead of ahead of Shawn Marion by nearly half a million votes!

18. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

He won't even start for the Rockets unless he learns to put the team ahead of his shot.

19. scola

scola Member

I would be happy if he gets the 6th man award. He would be great giving us the spark off the bench and making the second unit stronger.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He was only 400,000 from making it instead of Duncan. That's hilarious.