1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is the guy the Rockets may sign

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Dec 26, 2005.

1. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Matt Bullard?? :confused:

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

reminds me of mo taylor

3. Andy3000

Andy3000 Member

I think we should give Wang a chance, he's the perfect complement to Head

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Glenn Robinson on a JVG team? No way. He plays no D.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If he's in acceptable (read: non-RS) game shape he may (?) be the anointed one?

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wang?! If Wang is brought into the Rockets organization then I am seriously giving up on this season.

7. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

It was a joke. Wang. Head. Get it?

8. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Minus the additional 15-19 points a game that Sheed can provide over Wang. Otherwise...yeah...I'd say they are similar.

:rolleyes:

9. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

Antoine Carr?

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Josh Davis + Glen Robinson?

Sounds like what the doctor ordered. At this point almost any body can give you more that what Bowen and Swift are gicving us. Sad indeed.........but we will be fine (am I the only that is so confident and calm about our collition course with positively great 2005/2006 season?).

No shaking guys.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Wang and Sheed are both soldiers.

Wang is the most over rated Chinese player since, hell if i know.

Wang will always be famous for "quitting" on the CNT, and being the Taco Bell Chalupa point guy for the Mavericks.

12. SunsRocketsfan

hahaha. im kinda slow tonight.. but thats pretty funny.. i was like . WTF is wrong with all these rocket fans wanting wang in here.. i think its probably most of the chinese fans we have here who want to bring in bateer and wang or somethign to team up with yao.. truth is . .yao is the only chinese player right now who can play in the nba... that yi jianlian has lots of potential tho..

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Big Dog couldn't sniff the floor for a good team like the Spurs since his game is so limited anymore, what makes you like think JVG would tolerate that?

Honestly, did you see him do anything besides take stationary jump shots in his entire stint as a Spur? We've surrounded Yao and T-Mac with a bunch of old, slow and limited offensive players who simply haven't been getting the job done. Big Dog wouldn't help solve that problem at all and he's not a great locker room presence either.

At this point, shouldn't the goal behind bringing in another player for minimum salary to be find somebody relatively young and athletic in need of a change of scenery?

Funny you mention Big Dog since a guy like Rodney White has been compared to him. I'd sign White off the street today and play him over Bowen.

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

All I know is that Wang definitely likes Head - they are already really good friends! :D

15. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

They are not signing him because he played for his team last night.

16. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I hope this means a few of the injured guys are coming back real soon.

17. pacertom

pacertom Member

Similar in that they are both human beings?

I supposed that in a geologic, evolutionary sense they are much more similar than, say, an aardvark and a dungbeetle.

18. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

The nba is for sure going to allow us to sign another player soon?

19. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

As an unfortunate Mountain West fan, I remember this guy playing at Wyoming, and he was a monster. I'm VERY intrigued. I'd like to see him get some minutes and see what he can do.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i 2nd to that, wang's a piece of cream puff, that's why he's outta league. Whoever compare wang with sheed is a dumbazz fool.
    As for this new dude, he's just another garbage pf we got bunch of already..... can't the rockets just wake up and realize since our starting CENTER is out, you fill the void by getting another CENTER, not a freaking undersized pf!??!?!