1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is the Formula for Houston to be a contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Monkey7392, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

Francis 38 mpg Moochie 20 mpg
    Mobley37 mpg Torres 15 mpg
    Nachbar 30mpg Rice 25 mpg
    Griffin 36 mpg Taylor 20 mpg
    Ming 30 mpg Cato 10 mpg

Basically we probebly have the most expensive bench in the NBA and i know we are paying Cato to much to only be playing 10 minutes a game but the guy has to show hes getting better. I really think the biggest Factor here is Eddie Griffin. With that much PT we are seeing what he can do in the SUMmer leagues.

Francis 22ppg 8apg 6rpg
    Mobley 23ppg 3apg 4 rpg
    Boki 12ppg 5 apg 5 rpg
    Griffin 18ppg 11rpg 2bpg
    Ming 14ppg 9rpg 3bpg

bench:
    Moochie 7 ppg 4 apg
    Torres 8ppg 3reb
    Rice 13 ppg 2 rpg
    Taylor 12ppg 6rpg

That Will take us Deep into the playoffs

2. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

Thats right

3. haven

haven Member

Since such a team would average 129 points per game, I agree that the Rockets would be formidable if you are correct :rolleyes:

4. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

Im saying we will Avg about 104 ppg. Just because they all average that many points doesnt nessecerally mean they will avg 129 ppg. Some guys will have good days and others will have bad and on other nights a guy will have a break out night to the other guys bad night. U see doesnt mean we are going to avg that many ppg but 104 is realistic

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

.....while the opposing team avg. like 110 points b/c we have no D right?

6. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

Ming and Griffin Are going to be hard to penatrate through. The only person i see bullying his way through these guys is Shaq but thats it. We will always have good weak side help. Kenny needs to be traded for some draft picks or something cus i really dont see him for the future plans. I like Taylor and Moochie coming off the bench cus they can provide us with an offensive spark off the bench. OUr Defence will not be bad at all i say we allow 98ppg

7. haven

haven Member

That's not mathematically possible, unless you're figuring in injuries, which you explicitly do not.

8. steddinotayto

sorry to sound like an ass...but here goes:

1. ming is still a ? mark regarding how he'll do in his first year. he'll need 1 or 2 years of developing. Griffin will be a very good defender but that doesn't mean he can shut out the likes of duncan, webber, etc. night in and night out.

2. we never have good weak side help.

3. asking taylor to come off the bench (which is somethin i want b/c Griff will be starting after 20 or so games) is literally asking a 7 million dollar vet to sub for a 2nd year player....which won't go all that well. and seeing how there are reports that mo is gettin down to his playing weight, we shall see.

4. you say we allow 98 ppg. and score 104 ppg. only two teams (SA and sac) were able to pull that feat off. askin a lil too much IMO

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If you add up the averages and it equals 129, then it is impossible for the team to average 104 ppg. The team in your case would average 129 ppg. Just because some players have off nights doesnt matter. Averages are averages.

10. rezdawg

What happened to kenny thomas?

11. steddinotayto

n/m. intentionally left blank

12. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

I guess im throwing in the Injury bug in there. That is why the Avgs will be around there Rice will be hurt alot this year. Steve is bound to miss a couple of games so is mobley. But We will have enough fire power to out score anyone. HAVE FAITH GUYS!

13. chewy

chewy Member

The bench won't average that much and Ming, Griffin, and Nachbar might not start.

14. steddinotayto

so now the injury bug hits. but like rezdawg said, averages are averages. if francis avg. 20 points over 82 games, it's still 20 ppg. if he only did it over 65 games, it's still 20 ppg

15. rezdawg

And if the injury bug hits, then we are screwed just like last season. But lets not talk about that.

16. steddinotayto

i failed to recognized this

no way in hell are we going to get 28 points total from rice, torres, AND moochie.

17. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

I guess im beng optomistic with Griffin, Ming, Boki, Rice, and Torres

18. steddinotayto

hey, that's not bad at all. but ya gotta separate things that CAN happen and things that are just crazy...especially for rookies and 2nd year guys. but hey, we're all rockets fans..so sometimes we mix it up......i guess....

19. rezdawg

I think we will average about 97 ppg.

I think we will give up about 93 ppg

20. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Hey Monkey, that averages 129 points per game unless you count injuries.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p