1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is a good laugh about a Jazz BBS site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Nomar

Nomar Member

jeez. you guys need chill. so what if there is an interboard war. i think it would be fun.

see: the StrowShow debacle. perhaps your too young to remember the good old days dylan. ;)

2. VINYLJUNKIE

VINYLJUNKIE Member

I am not sure I understand all the animosity against Jazz fans...I mean seriously. This board is not some secret that no one knows about. I guess I could understand why you hate the Jazz with those past playoff games....but isn't that what basketball is all about? Competition.

You beat us one year and we beat you another year. If any of you want to come to the Jazz board...feel free. We are all willing to talk ball.

I kind of like being known as a Jazzhole. And like I told Manny before, I think it's a compliment when fans from other teams hate your team. Because you don't hate the teams that suck, you hate teams that are good. So keep on hatin'.

Nice site by the way. Too bad you guys don't have graphics:p

3. Timing

Timing Member

Who let the Jazzholes out?

BTW, nobody hates the Jazz because they're good, they hate them because they're a bunch of cheap shot artists. The Jazz are the most despised team that never won a damn thing. Oh yeah, since when were elbows, flops, arm holds, and knees to the groin good fundamentals?

#43 Timing, Nov 24, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2001
  4. Band Geek Mobster

I don't think anyone's saying that we should be a secret society. We're saying that it's dumb to go piss off some other fans and say that they're going to be lottery bound for a very long time and then let them know where to go if they want to find you...which is the impression given earlier in the thread...

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

BGM: I hope you aren't implying what I think you are implying...
    http://pub76.ezboard.com/fnotmesutahjazzfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=567.topic&start=41&stop=52

That's funny..it doesn't seem that "Manny Ramirez" bragged about clutchcity and provided a link to it. It seemed that it was this "BandGeekMob" fellow.

I must have missed something here.

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I learned to get along with jazz fans last year when my first period class was taught by someone who had just moved from UTAh.. everyday at 7:30am i was taught by a jazz fan woohoo and he controlled my grades.........that jazz computer background he had though still gives me nightmares

7. Band Geek Mobster

I hate to break it to you Manny, but that "BandGeekMob" loser isn't me...

I didn't really go reading through the forums, but I do recall reading a post of yours telling the Jazz fans that they're going to be in the lottery for a very long time, now if someone said that over here, how many people do you think would get pissed off and call him a troll?

Also I'd like to add that a person that pretends to be someone else on another messageboard is quite pathetic...

#47 Band Geek Mobster, Nov 24, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2001
  8. Manny Ramirez

I see your point, but I have apologized on their site, since then. I have posted several more times over there, and none of my posts have been inflammatory. I guess I got a little emotional with my first post over there; however, I look forward to the challenge of contributing to their board in a constructive way and in a "non-Jazz fan" way.

I don't see how you can be a troll when you have only 1 inflammatory post (and my first post was mean-spirited only at the end). Going by that logic, SteveFrancis3 and RocksMillenium are trolls, too because they also posted over there and didn't mince words, so to speak.

Also, I agree with you..anyone who would pretend to be someone else on another messageboard is pathetic.

9. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I'm contributing in a constructive non-Jazz fan way too, now. My user status has even been upgraded from a Scott Padgett to a Quincy Lewis!
    :D.

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I was on the front lines for that one. Funny, funny battle. Even Clutch "Go get him, boys!"

11. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Oh really Estella? Or is it Bill?

12. Manny Ramirez

Ummm...I said another messageboard there, Behad.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think that others have done this here, as well.

Plus it wasn't calling myself "Beha" or something like that...let it go because I think that we have all moved on with our lives...I know that I have.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member