1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here, ill say it for those who dont want to speak out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Nov 9, 2012.

1. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

at 23 years of age... Harden is a steal...
    just playing regular/max starter minutes and adjusting to be the main man for the team (in just barely a week) is tough for anyone, no matter how skillful or talented he is. Wait until the end of the season., then maybe we know..
    after all, 5 games would be considered a very small sample, and these were fairly close games, no matter how ugly..

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

So, are you saying that Harden's first two games were a fluke? Or that he was just more motivated? Had the shooting touch?

See, I compare him the Maxwell for a reason, folks. Harden is a hot potatoe type player, who seems to have great games at times and then he's invisible the next night. He was the same way when he played in OKC, that's why he was a 6th man and not a starter.

I'm just a little buyers remorse here because I think we overpayed the kid. It's not his fault, and I hope he succeeds but I just don't see Harden as an every game type player. He's not a leader, he's not a guy who wants to be the first person at practice, he's not the guy who can hold other teammates accountable because his own lifestyle isn't respectable.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We get it. You expect 40 points a night from Harden, and anything less means we bought a lemon. I'm sure you are also disappointed that he doesn't tuck you in, read to you, and kiss you good night...or stick a thermometer up your butt when you run a fever.

#143 Aruba77, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I have low standards, actually. Been a cook my entire life, had to work my way up the line just to afford a house in this country which is not my home. I earned my living here. When I see player like Harden get 80 million dollar contract then I expect them to earn that money, the same way I earn my money. Right now, Harden is playing like a 40 million dollar player. If you're ok with that then fine, but I think Rockets aren't getting their money worth,

5. 713

713 Member

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It's a reasonable point of view to say that you think Harden and Lin are overpayed, but I think you're taking the argument to the extreme...like many do on the BBS.

Wait...you're in the culinary industry? I never would have guessed :). Just breaking your balls

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think you know exactly what he wants.

I guess the obvious is sometimes to hard to see.

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

Harden will be fine. Linn sucks

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

So Chef, if you cooked good meals for the last two nights and then somebody came in and shut off your gas and electric the next three nights I bet you couldn't cook the same as you did the first two nights. You would have to make some adjustment by cooking with wood, charcoal or something. Then you would get it figured out after a while and be back to cooking good again.

Sorry about the above it sounds like some crap kenny smith would say.

10. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

See, this poster knows.

I want to see Rockets win. But my babble on this forum probably won't make that happen, oh well.

11. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Well, that is not true. If the electric goes out I have a backup generator, but that only good for the kitchen, so guests will not have air conditioning. Which is bad.

12. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Anyway, I have to go now. I look forward to talking to you later but I have to get ready for work now.

13. autoprt

autoprt Member

the team just needs a 3rd option ideally another big man that can actually score and handle the ball without each time being an adventure.
    coaches have watched film and now are defensively scheming to make it tough for harden and until people hit outside shots consistently the middle won't be as open as it was the 1st 2 games he scored so much.
    it's a chess game which comes down to coaching, now that teams know our moves it's up to mchale to figure out how to free guys up and continue to have guys practice shooting in spare time until the shots start consistently falling.

14. torocan

torocan Member

Really, there is little point in arguing with some of these posters.

Some people think only 5 or 6 players in the entire League should be making max contract. They ignore the CBA and the fact that the top 5 or 6 players are GROSSLY underpaid, they ignore that 25 OTHER teams would gladly pay those salaries, and they ignore the youth of our starters (upside potential). They conveniently forget that players like Lebron would easily be making more than Kobe (who makes $30M/year), while Dirk would be making $25M, then freak out over $16M.

Some people oblivious to the fact that offense and defense are TEAM games. They ignore that players like Harden and Lin not only need players capable of scoring around them, but they needs other players to move well off the ball running cuts and curls to keep defenses off balance, AND they need the other players to set good picks and screens that allow them to stop and pop, or lose their defenders, or turn the corner to drive and kick, or sag and shoot.

Some of them are just trolls.

Some of them are idealists that live in some sort of NBA fantasy land where players like Harden take salaries scaled against league max and teams play like well oiled machines without practices, training camps and time to gel, and players like Lin and Asik can be gotten for $5M.

It is what it is.

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Harden IS terrible. He's a terrible distraction for all the Lin worship.

16. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

This quote alone is why i miss the days of when Clutch would let you earn some rep before creating your own threads :rolleyes:

17. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Lin fans have found a scapegoat so i guess its their time to revolt?

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm inclined to agree with this. There is only one player in the league you can iso with everyone else standing around and have success.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are ready to throw a star under the bus the second he struggles. The kid is 23!!!

He's a kid and he's going to struggle. Why do you people think he has to be the messiah or something.

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

what youre failing to realize (ignorantaly or unknowingly) is that you have to look at the team around him, the front office needing alot of work to do and nba defenses keying in on him after his explosion in the first 2 games

its not Harden, hes been great at basketball his whole life, eduacte yourself better before speaking, or uh threading