1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here, ill say it for those who dont want to speak out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Nov 9, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maxwell is one of my favorite players. And I do see the similarity.
    However Maxwell was more streaky than Harden. Harden is Maxwell if he got his head on straight. Of course, Maxwell was the better defensive player.

And also, nothing is wrong with the strip clubs, it doesn't cause your jumper to go flat.

Maxwell did deserve a contract extension , but he didn't get it so he went mad max on the Rockets . he's still loved though, like Tupac

I do like Harden, 80 million is alot, but he's still young.

2. split41

split41 Member

Man, Harden getting a lot of hate. He's had a couple of average-to-bad games - this last game was his worst by far, but he's young and it's a new team. People have to cut the kid a bit of slack, give him a few more games to figure out his teammates.

3. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

He's been bad since teams have taken notice and focused on him. You're telling me that he's had 3 bad games in a row?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

C'mon, you better than this. You expect him to be Lebron?

[​IMG]

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maxwell did lead the Rockets in assists that 94 season when we won the championship. Also he had the luxury of building great chemistry with Dream and the rest of the heroes.

I say give Harden some time to develop chemistry. We all know he can score. I'm not going to be mad if he has some bad games.

6. kinein

kinein Member

Harden is going to get the BEST defender EVERY game.

He's going to get every team's shut down artist. And every single guy that goes to bat against Harden will play to avoid having Harden create a new highlight reel.

Double teams with a 3rd man ready to pick up the turn-over or waiting to steal.

YOU CANNOT PLAY ISO BALL with ANYONE and expect them NOT to get trapped and roughed up.

McHale is killing this team.

7. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

It's a new team, give him some time. He had shown what he is capable of doing. With the organization rushing to make him a superstar/all-star, he could be feeling the pressure. We're stuck with him for 6 years. Try encouraging him rather than bashing him.

#67 Alex L., Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. CCM721

CCM721 Member

When the Rockets signed him to that contract I think they knew they weren't getting LeBron. And it's not that Harden's untouchable, its that you go about it by saying "Harden is terrible" as if three performances has ever made anyone a terrible player.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Those guys have other threats on their team. Who in our starting line up or bench is a consistent threat for other teams to focus on?

10. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

The Rocket's entire offense is based on the notion that he's a Lebron type player.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

I like Asik he has been playing a really high level. Patterson got out rebounded by Lin. That is a problem. Gave up so many second chance opportunities to Z-bo. I am watching the game now in the 2nd quarter & twice he got out muscled by z-bo on the offensive glass who got two consecutive put backs.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His 3rd game was not even what I'd call bad. It was just not as good as his 2nd game but it is the type of games that Westbrook, Melo, and Kobe get away with on a near nightly basis.

His last two games were not good but oh well. No one has a good game EVERY single game of the season...

You are overreacting. Say he's terrible after watching a full season or at least a good chunk of the season. Just like most were overreacting here with some of the things I've read here after the first two games. Rocket fans should be very excited about Harden though figuring his age and potential.

13. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

No, Harden is a not a terrible $4m/year player. But he is a terrible $16m/year player.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

What do you expect him to do when no one else can shoot the ball?

Even MJ, Lebron, Kobe, Howard couldn't win without help. Well, this season is the time to evaluate who we will surround Harden with.

I only worry that Harden will get frustrated and give up on the team and organization.

We definitely need a change of coaching. Whoever is dictating the offense needs to study his basketball seriously. We do well with set plays. We should do that more often.

15. CCM721

CCM721 Member

We've seen 5 games, to make any distinction is ridiculous.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well...that's not Harden's problem. That's the coaches problem, they should let Harden play as a SG and trust Lin more obviously. Hopefully McHale gets it, that is what worked in the first two games.

It was when Lin seemed as dangerous as Harden...and Harden played more like a off guard and not a PG. Hopefully the coaches get it and learn how to use him better.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He will be fine. He has all the skill sets and ability to be great. This is his 1st chance to be a team's first option and he's facing tougher defense. Give him some time to adjust. I am still confident in him.

18. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

I compare him the Maxwell only in this instance, but in reality I feel like Harden is more of a modern day Mario Elie only with more refined game.

Elie/Ginobili/Harden are very similar players in style. But Harden also has flashes of Drexler too.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

OP has a point. Harden is getting blown by almost every player off the drbble. He dosebt help on defense and on offense he has tunnel vision. The pressure of being the man is getting to him. He needs to play loose again without thinking so much.

20. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

1 bad game - it happens to every player
    2 bad games - he's in a slump
    3 bad games - ok, something is going on here, maybe he's not that good