1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Henson - per Columbus Radio Station

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 4chuckie, Aug 29, 2003.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Per 1460 the fan here in Columbus, Drew Henson will sign with the Texans at the completion of this baseball season.

Sorry no link just heard the report on the radio, no other details provided.

Hopefully it is true for you guys!

2. Buck Turgidson

Not suprising at all, he has zero future in baseball. You knew a guy as proud and competitive as he is wouldn't hang around in the minors just to collect a paycheck.

Charlie Casserly is a genius.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

He's pretty much a #1 pick right. We ought to get something good for him.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wow!! casserly is a freaking genuis!!!

what do you think we'll get in return??? let the bidding begin!!! :)

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Charlie Casserly is a genius.

I can't wait to hear from the people who screamed for a Casserly firing for mishandling the draft

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

What CAN we get for a sixth round draft pick?

7. Buck Turgidson

It's not the pick, it's the player.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Had he not been going to baseball and adamantly telling NFL teams to not draft him, he would probably been drafted 1st round, 2nd at the latest. To get a 1st or 2nd round draft pick for a 6th round draft pick is amazing. Assuming this works out, there is no way you can look at this last draft as a failure now. Between Peek, Johnson and whatever we get for Henson, it was a huge success.

#8 RunninRaven, Aug 29, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

A lot of people believed that had Drew Henson entered the NFL Draft 2 seasons ago he would have been the Texans #1 pick. So, there will be a demand for the kid.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Send him to the Packers to learn under Favre for a couple more seasons.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I wouldn't get too excited until Henson actually signs a deal.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Yeah, I heard he was rated ahead of Carr. Which makes him a #1. A team like Washington has players and picks to give for a real qb like Henson. I doubt his value has dropped all that much although I have no idea.

13. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I think one thing that could really hurt Henson's value is what Hutchison is doing right now. Certainly Hutchison was not and is not as talented as Henson was and is, but Chad is having difficulty getting back into the swing of things, it seems (or getting out of the swing of things?). Of course, if we trade him to a team like the Packers that doesn't plan on starting him right away, that probably won't matter much, as he can work off the rust through practice and scrimmage.

14. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I can't believe this news until I see a link. Maybe there is a valid source that Columbus Radio Station has over any other radio, television, internet, or newspaper company. I would just like to see it before getting excited for having an extra early round draft pick coming to the Texans.

15. TJRocketFan

TJRocketFan Member

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I tried to go to the website for this radio station: www.1460thefan.com , but it is not loading. I hope this is not some elaborate hoax, because if true this is tremendous news.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

They said it. We just have to wait for big boys to pick up the story.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

In 4 days the season is over. And they are saying its not reported. It's confirmed. Clippers are saying they don't know anything. Report is out of Detroit. Apparently he is on the team bus as we speak.

They are rumoring Dallas has interest.

#18 PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 29, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  19. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Yao Wink keep in mind Henson is playing for the Columbus Clippers, so that is how these guys scooped everyone else.

20. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Thanks for the link. I heard it for myself. This is great news and I wanted to make sure it was true before getting too excited. Great move for the Texans to get a top draft pick for a 6th rounder. I just hope that a Henson lead team doesn't come back and beat the Texans.

I can see a lot of teams in the NFL wishing he would have stayed in baseball.

Although I am still waiting for the official announcement, but this is enough to get excited about.