1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Helping out the Rockets: Voting for Dwight Howard for Community Assist Award

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I know the Rockets are down 0-2 and none of us are happy about it, so asking for help to vote for Dwight Howard right now is asking for criticism, but this is aside from basketball.

Dwight Howard is up for the Community Assist Award against nine other nominees: Stephen Curry, Serge Ibaka, Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, DeMar DeRozan, Chris Paul, George Hill, Zach Randolph and Rajon Rondo.

I've said this before, but I've heard nothing but incredible things about Dwight -- he has shed the reputation (fairly or unfairly) that had been built about him. According to many I've spoken with at the Rockets, he's unlike any superstar they've ever seen here in that he's willing to give up his time almost every time to do events in the community, especially for kids. I think he's been a fantastic representative for the city of Houston. It's very easy to put in a vote for him:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/2013-2014-kia-community-assist-award-nominee-dwight-howard

You can do it on FB, instagram or twitter. On twitter, it's a simple tweet or retweet to vote for him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard is up for the 2013-14 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23KiaCommunityAssist&amp;src=hash">#KiaCommunityAssist</a> award for his work in the Houston community. RT this to vote. <a href="http://t.co/FRlGb4WTr9">pic.twitter.com/FRlGb4WTr9</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/458622920013533184">April 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks!

2. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Definitely vote for Dwight. My impression of him is the same, a very likable guy.

3. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

There's no direct way to vote?

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Dwight deserves it.

Let's go and vote for the guy!

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I need to join social media at some point for business alone. I don't have any way to vote for Howard. Its time to man up and hit that tip jar also. Both deserve it

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm so so So gdm angry right now. I can't stand this BS I'm watching with Houston CONSTANTLY fouling us with NO call - we didn't even get a FREE THROW that whole period!!!! And we were being really aggressive! And then they get some CRAP call WITH FTs to take the lead .1sec left?????

F this series.

F the refs.

Wtvr.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Sorry.... Portland* fouling us is obviously what I meant.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

And my phone sucks, I'm not in the game thread lol.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

man, where are all the regular posters. everyone in the secret forum?

Oh, and vote for Howard everyone. He deserves it.

#9 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. coffeelover665

I'm here coach! I like to avoid the forum after a loss. I'm already mad and seeing these over the top anger on the forum makes me both mad and outraged at both the loss and the nonsense this forum has become.

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Guys, this thread deserve more views.

12. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

this is brilliant marketing concept/scheme by the NBA.

only way to vote is by forcing fans to post a NBA/Rockets advertisement photo to their social media account. i am truly impressed by whoever came up with this scheme.

wish i could vote by not spreading free advertisement. sorry dwight best of luck.