1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help with tickets (Laker game in January)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JMAD21, Oct 18, 2018.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Need help finding affordable tickets to this game. Was about to buy 3 in section 112 or 115, they were about $220 each and just went up to almost $400... My brothers and I have always wanted to see LeBron play on Houston and this is the first year it’s ever worked for all of our schedules. We just can’t do $400.

Was wondering if anyone here has a hook up, resource, or wants to sell their tickets?

Beggars can’t be choosers I get it, but looking for anything in the second level. Nothing crazy good, but we don’t want nosebleeds either. Can spend up to $250-60.

Thanks in advance.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Meant 1st level, not second. Anything on near the top of the bottom section, basically.

3. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Try this:

the day of the game, (after morning rush hour when the lobby is slow), you and a buddy (or better yet, hottie) dress up as business-expensive looking as you can (with a briefcase or computer bag) and go to Tilman's new Post Oak hotel. low-key walk in (ideally some side door or garage, if allowed), then come down the main elevator (as if you're staying at the hotel) and walk to the head concierge. Tell him you love this new hotel, and might switch from The Houstonian for good. Then say, you're only in for a couple days "this time" and was wanting to get a great steak and catch a show or something, ("anything you'd recommend to do downtown?"). If he has tickets (*very likely*) he will bring them up.

If he wants a lot for them, just remember, those were all given to him by some corporate season-ticketholder friend, who always gives him his extras. You can whine about price like this, "Man, I'm from Cleveland, and seeing Lebron was a lot less than that." but you gotta maintain the regular visitor persona.

Also, download the flashseats app first. that's how he'll transfer them to you. Have cash.

5. xaos

xaos Member

Now multiple people are going to try this. By the time OP gets around to it they will be like, "wow, that's the 7th one today"

:D:D:D

heypartner likes this.
  6. heypartner

trust me, the basics of that conversation happens every single day. You won't stand out. That's why people give concierge's at expensive hotels their tickets to sell (or they know who to call)....

xaos likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This will only work if you're white BTW.

OP: If you aren't in a rush just wait it out. Tickets to Rockets games only get cheaper the closer they get to the game and even tip off.

heypartner likes this.
  8. heypartner

Or Saudi

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hmm, not that hard of a look to pull off too. The accent might be tricky though.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It doesn't happen any more due to the flashseat rules about how low you can set the price.

11. heypartner

This won’t apply to Lebron. That only applies to when you need to drop price 20% below Face (or whatever the Rockefs set the percentage to).

You can also get around the minimum by posting Flashseats eTickets on Stubhub, etc, and executing transactions via Flashseats manual transfer vs sell. My understanding is Stubhub, etc, can guarantee payment via such transfers. I know that works at Phish tickets sites for venues who use flash seats. I have executed sales at alternative sites, and did “free” Flashseats transfer...and it all seemed to be protected against buyers taking the tickets and running.

anyhoot: Stubhub does list Rockets Flashseats below that minimum, so ppl appear to be trusting the process. Again, that’s irrelevant to in-demand games like Lebron.