1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help!! - Vacant Dwelling Insurance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rileydog, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Guys, I'm in a bind and need help. I've moved and am trying to sell my patio home in the Galleria area. Here's the listing if anyone is interested, knows someone that might be, or has advice.

http://www.har.com/search/engine/indexdetail.cfm?mlnum=7403481&class=1&leadid=6&sTYPE=0&backButton=Y

Its depressing b/c we have had many showings but no offers. There are many patio homes in the area, so competition is tough.

Now that we have moved out almost 2 months, the regular homeowners policy will expire soon (60 days from move out date) and we need to get vacant dwelling insurance. But I'm getting quotes as high as $950 for three months.

If anyone knows agents that can help, or if anyone has advice, please weigh in. I had no idea that selling a house was such a big pain in the arse. Carrying 2 mortgages, electric bills, insurance, etc is horrible. just horrible.

2. Rileydog

dang, really? no help at all on this? :confused:

3. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that, man. Really nice patio home, though. Whatever you do, and I'm sure you know this, carry the vacant dwelling insurance in the interim.

I'm assuming you're priced right. Remember, all it takes is one buyer. I'm sure something will pop soon.

4. Rileydog

thanks. your statment about it only taking 1 buyer actually made me feel better. with the problems in New orleans, beaumont, etc, I shouldn't be moaning about my problems. but it's a financial nut crusher and I can't believe it's happening. Got quoted $980 for THREE months of vacant dwelling insurance. 3 lousy months.

but thanks again.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The problem you are having is $409,000 can buy a mansion in the burbs in Houston. Looks like you have a good location though. How long have you had it at this price? Maybe its worth a drop of $10-20K to get it under the $400K threshhold.

Remember, when realtors look for properties to show they use price ranges. You might be missing a bunch of potential lookers by being over $400K.