1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help Request for Planning South America Trip

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pippendagimp, Sep 15, 2005.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

My first time going...so anyone living there or who's visited before, would appreciate your input...

Gonna be visiting Argentina, Paraguay, and Brazil...

Would love some suggestions on bars/clubs for Buenos Aires and also some closeby excursions out of town....

Same goes for Rio (we're already planning an excursion out of Rio to Buzios for a couple days) and would especially like to know if anyone has visited the "Green Coast" south of Rio.....don't have Sao Paulo on the itinerary, but am open to it if someone suggests it...

I know this is a shot in the dark, but if anyone's been to Paraguay (or Uruguay) then please speak up and let me know your impressions...

Thanks in advance! (patent pending, licensed from D&D ;))

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

You should see Iguazu Falls between Argentina & Brazil. I hear Colonia in Uruguay is a nice short excursion from BAs.

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

If you stop in Rio, make sure to check out all of the touristy places and then try and find some clubs where the locals go. Try and stay in Ipanema, safer and less whores (unless you want that). If you like to shop Petropolis is a great place and you can check the castle when you get there. There is a hidden beach in Niteroi across the bridge, ask about that beach. It starts with a Jacaragua or something like that. Sao Paulo is awesome also, its like a big New York with beaches near by. My friend is here from Sao Paulo right now and Im supposed to have dinner tomorrow night with him. Buzios will be awesome. Try and check out Santa Teresa its a really cool area with a trolly that runs through it. You can have beers with the locals. Everything is cheap so you wont need too much money. If you are gonna be there longer than five days, rent a flat in Ipanema. I have a contact in Rio (Flavio) if you would like him to show you around. Remember dont show off your cash or jewelry...be smart, because you will get jacked if you dont. Try and check out a soccer game at Maracana Stadium. Finally, the women, be prepared they have the most beautiful women and they are all friendly (even with a hot wife by my side). They just want cash man. Have fun.

4. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Definitely check out Santa Teresa neighborhood by trolly in Rio (when I was there, the workers were on strike so the trollies were not working). Right beneath Santa Teresa is the Lapa neighborhood (next to a very famous set or steps) underneath the acqueducts. I think Wednesdays and Saturdays the locals just have a massive street party and just drink it up with Skol beer.

Watch out for your belongings though and travel in packs. And oh, that girl that is being real sweet to you in the club? Ask for her price and get the hell away as fast as you can.

I'd go to one of the nearby islands if you have a quick day to get away, also.

Have fun!

5. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Ok thanks guys.....I'll definitely visit Colonia in Uruguay......and in Rio will stay at a hotel on Ipanema beach (away from all the rif-raf!)....kind of concerned about all this crime I keep hearing about over there though......especially after having seen that movie 'City of God' :eek:

Anyways, will also put Niteroi, Petropolis, and Santa Teresa on the visit list. No time for Iguassu Falls though....and just as well b/c that place looks like mosquito heaven anyways ;)