1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] Refrigerator Purchase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Mar 25, 2018.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

That's too funny again. When we first went to Home Depot to start shopping for a fridge, my wife absolutely fell in love with the door in door LG too. I personally felt it was an unneeded feature (what's the difference from just opening the door regularly? lol). But the LG stuff worried us too. But, two different Home Depot employees told us they are really good brand. So who knows. I felt better getting the Whirlpool although can't really tell you a specific reason why.

By the way, if you go Home Depot, you might personally check multiple stores for their prices. It sounds weird but two different Home Depot's had the above fridge I posted for that same online price. But we just happened to be in a third different HD and the tag was $100+ less. Same exact model number, etc. We were already siding towards that fridge but seeing it at a lower cost helped the decision. Used those "savings" to pay for the 3 year warranty on it.

#21 mogrod, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    justtxyank likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I liked my door-in-door when I had it. Even after the novelty wore off, it was just somehow easier to get the milk in and out. But, then that fridge flooded and my present fridge doesn't have that. It doesn't really bother me that it's gone. What I'm digging now is the 4-door design.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I personally like the door-in-door feature. You don't have to open the whole weight of the door to grab a drink or condiment. But I'm also a very lazy person.

One gripe I'll say about my fridge is I'm sad that the stainless steel doors aren't magnetic.