1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help - Pizza Delivery Charges (who gets the $)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4chuckie, Jul 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Does anyone know if the pizza delivery charge go directly to the driver or to the company or depends on the company?
    We just ordered $20 in pizza and was told there was a $3 delivery charge. We figured a $4 tip was about right (meaning paying $27 total). Then someone mentioned is the driver actually getting $7 from our order?

Just one of those things that made me wonder.

thanks

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I don't pay delivery charge, which place did you order from? I just pay tips

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

3 dollar deliver charge on pizza

usually its around 50 cents

also i usually tip the driver a buck or two

4. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ive been told by a friend who has worked at pizza hut for years that delivery charge goes to the company, not the driver.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cool thanks guys I wanted to make sure I took care of the driver.

Here in Columbus, OH about every Pizza Joint (from the National Companies to the Mom and Pop Stores) charges delivery charges ($2-3/order).

6. Mori

Mori Contributing Member

I've worked at two different Pizza places: Papa John's and a single store place. IIRC, Papa John's charged a $.50 delivery charge. The other place didn't charge anything. The devliery charge technically goes to the store, but Papa John's gave us $.80-$.75 per delivery and the other place gave us $.50 as 'mileage.'

You're a good tipper, too :)

As far as tipping, I usually considered $2-3 a good/standard tip. (although *big* orders I'd expect more) Working at the second place, most of our delivery area was Bellaire, Southside Place, and West University. Getting tips of $5-10 for regular orders happened quite often! My customers really liked me. :D If the place just had more business, it would have been great.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

You know, two things I've NEVER understood about pizza delivery guys:

1.) Why does it seem as if the vast majority of delivery boys don't keep the little packets of cheese and pepper in their cars? Anytime you ask them for some if you don't tell the person taking the order, they are like "sorry man I only bring it if people request it on the phone." They also seem to forget a lot even if you ask for it on the phone.

2.) About 70% of the time I order with a credit card, the delivery guys forget to bring a pen to sign the receipt with. WHY? Some even want to leave, come back, and make me come sign the thing 20 minutes later. This isn't a big hassle when I'm at home, but when you live in a dorm it is a pain in the ass.

If the guy forgets to bring a pen on the credit card offer I won't tip. If he has the pen with him when he comes to my door, I'll give a nice tip.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Any of you former or current delivery guys have a hot MILF story to tell?

9. Mori

Mori Contributing Member

Ugh, I think my managers would go nuts about keeping lots of those packets in the cars. They've all been tight with anything that costs, you know, money.

In my experience (not that I am perfect), 99% of the time, if you ordered by credit card, asked for parmesian, etc. and I didn't have it, it was because the person who took the order didn't tell me, put it in the computer, run the credit card, or whatever. If I forget something, it could have greatly affected my tip. If they forget, well, what do they care? (Other than me being really b****y! :mad: )

Another amusing thing is how surprised people would be when they found out there was a delivery girl at the door. And by amusing, I mean really annoying the 50 billionth time. Then again, I only ever worked with 2 other woman drivers in the ~2 years I did pizza delivery.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

it's not exactly milf... more like Dilf. some guy here last summer started a thread about delivering pizza to some nekkid guy.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean there have been times when the pizza delivery guy forgot to bring a pen to sign with and you didn't have one anywhere in your home or dorm? That seems stranger than a delivery guy forgetting to bring one with him.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, he did say its not that big of a deal at home, but you'd have to run all the way back to your room, or hope one of your dorm buddies on the first floor is there, to get a pen.

13. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

If this is an ongoing problem, maybe you should do the logical thing and carry a pen yourself. Delivery people are there to deliver food, not cater to you. If you want someone to wait on you, go dine in.