1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help Paul George out!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PJ86, Sep 24, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No they weren't George was on hardens level for about 6 weeks to start that season that's it. Look at the numbers his game took a nose dive the last 50 games that season. Harden was 1st team all NBA george barley made 3rd and it was debatable if he even deserved it.

Im a huge PG fan and would love for him to be 2nd fiddle to harden here in Houston. I seriously think we would have the modern day Jordan/pippin combo. With that said Harden is an elite all time type talent offensively and has potential to crack the top 5 sg off all time list. I don't think PG has that type of talent even before his injury.

I think we and even fans around the league don't quite appreciate the things harden is doing in his very young NBA career. The numbers he put up last year have only been done by 5 other players, Jordan bird lebron wade and yes harden. That's elite company and seems to be taken for granted because well it's James Harden and the fans around the league for some reason don't like the guy or his game which is incredibly stupid because he's so speacial on the offensive side of the ball.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd trade anybody on this team not named Harden for George.

Even Howard.

3. awc713

awc713 Member

PG isn't going anywhere.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is true. The year Harden had last year was epic.

Let not get ahead of ourselves though, greatness is being able to do it over and over again. Sometimes guys reach this level and don't work as hard, they they they've made it and other players come for that spot.

5. hakeemthagreat

He was offense, while at times not elite, was still better than Hardens defense back then. You could make a serious argument PG was a better player before that horrific injury

6. malakas

malakas Member

He's been doing it through the media. This isn't the only time this summer.
    What the team asks is not something out of this world. Not playing Center. PF and in the east.
    East:There are teams that are po contenders that dont' have starting caliber pfs. (toronto washington, pacers). Then there are the "strech 4" that there won't be a lot of banging in the post while defending them. (detroit, boston-except Sully-, charlotte, miami, cleaveland, chicago). There are players playing out of position at the 4 (mil, phi, orlando) and teams that suck (knicks).
    Really what is that forward in the east that brings so much fear in PG's eyes?

I think that there is a lot going on behind hte scenes in Indy for sure, and the water was poisoned. BUT I also salute Bird for demanding George to "be a baller first and foremost" as he says and earn his paycheck.

Btw can you imagine Bird giving in to a star players' demand and trading him when he controls his fate for years to come? lol :grin:

7. i3artow i3aller

:rolleyes:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o9tnN-Zl2nY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wow even though I would probably dislike it very much myself, he needs to stop whining about this to the media. I hope this saga continues though, because I agree it would be much better if he were to play for a contender and a trade because of his behavior is not out of the question.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

PG to the Rockets!

10. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

He looked pretty damn good in those highlights against the Pelicans. Considering he did a ton of damage against Anthony Davis early in the game it seems he really could be an offensive monster against most PFs.

11. Sanity2disChaos

He lost a step...but looks good. Still think he is playing scared.

12. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

He looks the same to me. You have to remember PG doesn't have elite handles so he cant execute multiple dribble moves at full speed. Plus Anthony Davis was guarding him who is probably the most fleet of foot PF out there.

13. Ns575

Ns575 Member

When they were saying that, he was. George was a monster.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

For like the first two months of the 13-14 season, then he regressed hard.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I see nothing wrong with what he said. His concerns are valid, and it's not like he's volunteering the info. Media folks are asking, and he's answering.

I'm really excited to see him playing this season.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its that there arent any valid stories about George wanted to be traded if he doesnt get his way. That is purely assumption without evidence, adding extra element to make a drama story out of it

- Is a player not wanting to follow the teams order a bad thing?
    Yes, for the most part. Its usually not a good thing

- Is the player not wanting to make the change automatically a spoiled, disgruntled, entitled DIVA and team cancer, that holds the franchise hostage with shameless power struggle?
    Of course NOT. That is slandering the players character too much for being concerned about change.

Agree with your points that, on-court, George doesnt have that much to fear at the 4 position. But I dont think that George, even speaking his issues to the media, is being THAT bad a team player. Larry Bird isnt giving him a choice anyway. He's gonna have to suck it up and stretch 4 it out