1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help needed with using NBA LP [how to hide ip/location to unblock blackouts]?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ambrose86, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

I really need help on this one, because I am not able to connect to NBA LP broadband. They have a blackout restriction to people in Hong Kong.

Here's what I know so far about hiding ip-- thru installing 3rd party software. I think that its also possible to connect thru a US proxy address, which I do not know how to do?? :(

I have tried Hot SHield before, but hot shield slows down my internet connection so much that I wasn't able to stream the games in a watchable manner. I have used speedtest.net to test my connection speed before and after using hot shield, and my download speed was slowed down by 3 times while my upload speed was slowed down by 6 times.

So basically I need a method to hide my ip/location so that I can watch NBA LP games without slowing down my connection speed by that much. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate any advice/tips by my beloved clutchfans brothers/sisters!!! ;)

Thanks guys!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Bear with me here, I am desperate to make this work so I can watch our battle with the Celts.

2. rockets_fanatic

I am in the same boat. Most International fans cannot make use of this feature, which is moronic in my opinion.
    If there is a wasy to get access to this feature, please help us out. If not, I guess, I will have to hope Porky streams it for us.

3. snc

snc Member

Not sure why it slowed it down as much as you say. I have never used hotshield, I have used proxies before to go semi-untraced though. In fact I think I remember using google translator as a proxy one time. Now if anyone knows how to get LP in the US for free I would be interested...

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Damn it, I'm in the same boat and I'm from Guam. We need to flood these guys with emails......cause I chatted with someone from their site and they said not to expect to work this year. :mad:

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

I tried proxy, and it didn't work. LP broadband is pretty smart. If you read the FAQ on the customer support site, it says proxy or 3rd party software won't work and it will only result in blocking more games improperly.

Let me know if you find something interesting. They probably work hard to make the blackout work.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

My guess is that the blackout algorithm is calculated on the client end as well. If it's just on the server side, you can fool it with a fake IP, but if it's on the client end, the destination IP is always going to be there no matter what.
    It will trial and error to find a loop hole or know what they do. Good luck.

7. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

ok....some updates on what i have done.

i have tried many many proxy servers, and NONE of them worked, which is really depressing.

I have also tried 3rd party software such as hide-ip and GoTrusted, and while they work for sites like ABC.com and FOX.com, they dun work for NBA league pass broadband.

We really need some computer science major or some professional help here!!!!! ;)

8. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

wow...wht a bunch of assholes!

Hot sheild used to work, but not anymore. So I guess they really try to crack all 3rd party software.

9. jcheung1017

jcheung1017 Member

If you can't get the leaguepass to work, why don't you try one of those from the streaming chinese channels? I watch those with sopcast alot, not the best quality, but definitly watchable.

10. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Try a High Anonymous proxy and keep trying until eventually you'll come across one that will work with LP. It did work for me earlier today.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, if we decide to use the same proxy, all of our accounts will be "blacked out".

But good to know there might be one working. Thanks.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Are you calling me? I used to work on network layer dealing with tcp/ip packets and stuff. :D not anymore though.

Like I said, keep trying until find one thing working, and don't forget let us know.