1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

help me buy 32" LCD TV to hook to comp

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fba34, Nov 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i've been put in charge to find a 32" LCD TV for the comp i'm working for. its basically just going to be used to show a slide of pictures from a CPU. so i'm guessing i need a TV with a RGB input?

can anyone give me some starting tips, like some brands to look for, some brands to look away from, how long this TVs last, etc.

2. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

what kind of video card in the comp? If it has a DVI output then you don't need a TV that accepts VGA.

I recently got a westinghouse lvm37w3 (37 inches) that accepts both DVI and VGA. The computer looks beautiful at 1080p (1920X1080).

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Westinghouse works well, I have both the 32" and the 37".

DD

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

the comp hasnt been bought yet. is it better to find a tv that can work with a basic comp or find a comp that can work with a basic 32" lcd tv?

5. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

Doesnt matter either way.

If you buy a LCD TV/Monitor, make sure it has a VGA input (i.e. Dell, syntax, westinghouse, etc...) or DVI input.

If the tv doesn't have a VGA input but has a DVI input, make sure the video card on the computer has a DVI out (and almost all do nowadays).

Any LCD tv that is HDTV (i.e. accepts 720p) should look great with DVI and VGA.