1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

help loosing beer gut!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sw847, May 18, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They look like modern IFBB pros. Huge bloated GH gut with abs on top.

2. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Start with your diet. People always want shortcuts and the "magic pill" to lose weight but it's not gonna happen that way. To make it simple ,replace all your daily beverages with water and if you happen to be a coffee drinker, no sugar or creamer! Yes, black coffee "blah!" but get used to it.

For protein ; chicken breast, fish, bison meat , turkey, extra lean ground beef etc.

Complex carbs!! Brown rice and Quinoa are your friend.

Vegetables; Broccoli, Kale, Asparagus, Spinach, Green beans .... You get the picture Green is good! Try and keep the same potion of veggies and carbs the same when eating a meal. If not, then a little more vegetables.

KEEP AWAY FROM TOO MUCH SUGAR OF ANY FORM! No Candy, cookies , pastries, donuts, tortillas ( :( I'm Mexican ) white bread, white rice etc.

Even juice! Too much fructose is also bad.

The #1 thing that worked for me and will work for you is.... Stop feeling bad for yourself and make it happen now! Not tomorrow , not next week but NOW!

Your not a victim and your in control of your choices in life. Your the driver!
    Good Luck!!

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

calorie counting is an awful way to lose weight.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Binge and purge

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What? Why?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Because the body adjusts

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So it is impossible to starve!!!!! Someone call Africa.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol. No but it does get more efficient in burning fat when you cut calories. This is one reason its so tough

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

First of all don't think of it as a diet. Think of it more like you need a change in your life.

I started by walking 1 hour in the treadmill 5 days a week and cutting carbonated drinks. I think that may have helped with the bloated feeling.

A few days after I slowly started cutting junk food, candies, chips ect. Target when you eat junk food. I usually ate junk food while watching sports. So I replaced that by going to the gym. It was a hard decision to miss some of the Rockes games. I mostly didint watch any games against teams that were clearly tanking.

At one point I felt like I plateaued with my weight loss by just walking, so I started to lift weights and continued to burn trough calories like nothing!

Afterwards just eat clean continue to excersise and that's it! The first month your going to go trough a withdrawal but after you beat that, dropping weight gets scary easy. At least for me.

10. sw847

sw847 Member

Thanks a lot to everyone.....really helpful with your tips....

I can't really cut down the drinking, but eating I will have to watch...

anyway again MUCH appreciated!!!

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Just because you're on a business dinner and someone else is picking up the tab, doesn't mean you should eat like a slob (fatty appetizers, dessert, etc). I've seen so many people do this on business dinners.

12. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Fat loss all comes down to healthy eating.

Tie that in with 30 mins exercise per day with some patience, and you'll have a nice-looking rig by the 2016 Playoffs!

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Try intermittent fasting. Youtube the fasting twins aka the hodgetwins for a better explanation. The bro science is real with this one. No eating after 6pm

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLa-vIzbBkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like you have bigger issues that you might want to consider

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Whenever I decide to count calories and cut back to drop a few pounds, I've learned that trail mix and nuts are great at keeping hunger at bay between meals. Just be sure to measure out the correct serving size and don't eat them straight out of the bag/can.

17. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I didn't realize that whiskey is 100 calories per shot/jigger. Same for vodka.

I'm hitting up at least 600-800 calories every time i go out. I thought I was playing it safe with whiskey diets.

18. MFG16

MFG16 Member

If you're going to count your calories don't stop there. Count your macros too. It does no good to stay under a set number of calories if your macros are completely out of line. Always try and keep a consistent amount of fats/carbs/proteins going into your body. Also manage your sugar intake (not a macro but still important). Consistency is key here and it can actually be fun counting everything out (well, on an app at least).

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Being fat is fine. Being obese is ok. Just don't be morbidly obese since you will have trouble operating a mobility scooter at the grocery store. Mahatma Gandhi said it eloquently "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its fat people are treated."

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

The first step is to realize you have a problem.

You should attend AA meetings.