1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

help loosing beer gut!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sw847, May 18, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Here's how my cousin and I loose our belly and turn it into 6 pack.

[​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And if cannot digest raw food? Diarrhea.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

There is no real secret breh

You CANNOT spot reduce, plain and simple

You have to have a 3,500 cal deficit to lose a lb

I'd suggest building your upper body. Hit the weights hard for 45 minutes and then do some HIIT for about 15-20 minutes post weight training.

Watch your diet - Lean protein, cut out sugar, veggies, fruits, carbs around workout hours

4. Rockets2K3

Rockets2K3 Member

I'm currently doing the losing weight part....but still have the gut. :(

I'm currently 5'8" 150lbs. I lost 15 pounds since October of last year. My end goal is to put on weight and muscle, but to have a 6-pack abs. Should I continue losing the weight or just start gaining weight, but work on bringing down the gut with ab exercising?

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Read the 4 Hour Body.

Basically, cut carbs and increase protein. You get 1 cheat day per week. Stay consistent.

If you intake 1600 healthy calories per day instead of 2000, you will lose about 3.5 pounds of fat in a month. Maintain that for a few months and you've got 10 pounds of pure fat shed from your body.

Weight loss is a marathon and patience is the key.

6. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Keys to losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise. This is what I did to lose 15 lbs in 5 months.

- Get lots of sleep! People tend to ignore sleep in weight loss but sleeping actually is a HUGE factor in weight loss. Doctors usually recommend 7-8 hours of sleep a day for maintaining metabolism.

- Drink lots of water. Yep, cut out any sugary drinks and go straight to the water. I'd recommend 8 cups a day at least.

- Exercise. You don't need to exercise for long stretches or even daily. Mix it up with 10-15 mins of cardio and 15-25 mins of weights (40-45 mins total). You can do it daily or every other day. That's it!

- Eat healthy. NO PROCESSED FOODS. NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. CUT DOWN ON SWEETS like donuts, muffins, cookies, chocolate, candy, etc. If you eat lots of carbs, cut that down by half. Eat lean meats that are high in protein like chicken breast.

Honestly, it's a lifestyle change if you've a lifetime of bad habits. If you're already doing half of the things on this list, it's probably easier for you to make the change. But keep it up and you'll definitely see results.

7. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Don't drink as much beer... ?

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No alcohol or soda. No potatoes and pasta and bread. Work out three times a week. Drink grapefruit juice and coffee to boost metabolism. Find motivation.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Life's too short to cut out alcohol.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm assuming you're in your late 20's from your post.

You're in the physical prime of your life- you can put on muscle easily.

Like others said, it's about dedication- improve your diet and start hitting the gym DAILY.

You don't need to cut the beer out if that's all you do to 'cheat'. But you could stand to switch to lower carb beer.

11. MFG16

MFG16 Member

If you're just targeting a 6-pack then you should just focus on losing weight. I see so many people do ab exercises at the gym but they never realize they have a double digit body fat percentage. You can't target where you lose weight and abs are correlated to how much body fat you have on your body. You can do a million crunches but you wont see any results until you drop your body fat percentage.

In short, just continue to work out and eat right. Trying to give you unbiased criticism (don't want to sound like a jerk) but if you've only lost 15 pounds since October then you're probably not eating healthy. Being fit is like 10% gym 90% everything outside the gym.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You don't just lose 15 lbs in 6 months if you're not eating healthy.

13. MFG16

MFG16 Member

I don't see what you're getting at? Half of that was water weight that you can lose in a week. If you're truly trying to get a 6-pack and actively working out then there is no reason for just 15 pounds in 6 months. Hell, I could argue with a strict diet and minimal physical activity that you could lose more than 15 pounds in 6 months. Working out is important to weight loss but diet and sleep habits are ideal to getting to a target weight.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

what's wrong with fatty meats?

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Switch from beer to vodka.

Lift 3-4x week, followed by running a couple of miles.

16. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

protein has 6 calories per gram
    fat has 11 calories per gram.

The marbled steaks are higher fat content, hence, more calories.

The lean cuts have lower fat, hence, fewer calories.

That being said, I want a good ribeye...damn the fat....full speed ahead!

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty sure your body uses more calories when you are awake.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Fixed numbers, but your point is correct.

19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Thanks. I was shooting from the hip.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This.

No such thing as just loosing belly fat, crunches or ab exercises don't help any more then other basic workouts or physical activity. Although I suppose they do increase blood circulation around the target area's which is important.

To loose weight eat healthy, firstly i'd recommend only drinking water. Cut out all junk foods and deserts like chips, cracker, cake, ice cream etc. Limit your sugar intake, don't fall for any of the no calorie/low fat BS, and be careful when buying sugar free foods most have artificial sweeteners with are much worse for you. Get plenty of sleep, try to limit your stress.