1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HELP! I need somebody, Help (me find a Beatles album)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by francis 4 prez, May 10, 2004.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i've never seen a question go unanswered on this board so don't let me down now fellow bbs'ers (even the steve haters).

okay, my mom apparently has all the beatles albums on cd right now except for one: Hey Jude (aka The Beatles Again). now, it seems that this album was actually made by The Beatles. it has Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, and other songs on it. i can find it in the beatles' discography on several sites so it seems to exist.

but for some reason, i can't actually find it anywhere to buy it. i've been to Fry's, Office Depot, Best Buy, Wherehouse music, Amazon.com, and even this one site called Gemm.com where it said if we don't have it then no one does and they proceeded to not have it.

now, i don't buy that much music, so once you go beyond big name things like those listed above, i don't know where to find it.

so the question is, does anybody know where i can buy this album from (including yourself if for some reason you have it and don't want it) or do you at least know places i could try to look to find it.

i wouldn't have thought finding a beatles album would be tough but apparently it is. so any HELP! would be appreciated. thank you.

and yes, if you're keeping track at home that was not one, but two corny uses of HELP!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You want Hey Jude, 1970, Apple (Capitol)

HEY JUDE
    (THE BEATLES AGAIN)
    Released: February 26, 1970
    Produced by: George Martin
    Engineered by: Norman Smith and Geoff Emerick
    Label: Apple SO-385/SW-385

[​IMG]

http://www.discographynet.com/beatles/bthj.html

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

for some reason i never even considered ebay as a possibility. thank you.

Deckard, you're site doesn't have anywhere to buy it does it (in case it's less than $30)? i've been there and can't find where to buy.

cf.net steps up again.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Hey f4p,

The albums that were listed, I believe, are compilation albums so I would be wary of the quality.

The problem with the Beatles is they didn't put many of their best songs on albums.

This includes songs like "I Want to Hold Your Hand", "We Can Work It Out", "Hey Jude", and "Lady Madonna".

If you want quality, buy this album instead:

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. I checked with Waterloo Records here in Austin and they said it was a collectable, out of print. Suggested ebay. I'm surprised. They also didn't know of an import of this LP. Apparently it's never made it to CD. If Waterloo doesn't have and can't get it, your best bet is from the net, finding the vinyl somewhere. (I have this in my record collection someplace, but half of it's in boxes and closets, so I can't help)

Waterloo said the songs are on the "Beatles 1" cd collection, but I know that isn't what you're looking for.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That is because those songs were never released on albums. Many songs from the '60s were only available as singles. "Past Masters, Volume 1" and "Past Masters, Volume 2" has all the Beatles singles that never made it onto their albums like "Hey Jude" and "Lady Madonna".