1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HELP!!!]Any tech junkies able to help with HDMI/HDTV problem?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dreamshake, Oct 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

So I finally figured out my HDMI port to my 50 inch HDTV is blown. I took apart my smaller HDTV to see if it was maybe something I could remove and replace in my larger HDTV. As I saw it, it was attatched to a motherboard/mainboard and all seems lost. I called a part store, and they want to charge me 780 dollars for the board!!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to just replace the HDMI port, or can I use the DVI port and will my blu ray disks look just as good and can I run full HD out of the DVI port?

Absolutely sickening is that I finally made the plunge into buying Blu Ray disks and now I cant watch them except for in standard mode.

Anyone have any idea's?

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

all i know about HDMI is that a $20 cable is just as good as the $90 gold plated cable from bestbuy.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

DVI should be just fine. And if you must use HDMI, there are DVI to HDMI cables.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I thought I had a bad port on my TV but I decided to try a new cable first and luckily that fixed it.

maybe.

5. WildSweet&Cool

Or maybe the TV is under warranty? Look up the specs on your model and see if there's any way that the HDMI port is merely disabled.

6. tulexan

tulexan Member

DVI should be fine, you just have to remember that no sound will come out so you will need to use the optic port for audio

7. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

I have already tried new cables. The TV is not under warranty. I bought it 1 year and 5 months ago, and warranty is only 1 year. How bad does that suck.

If I use the DVI port on my TV to my PS3 will it run at full HD, or will it run at a lower spec, how about the sound?

Does anyone know where I could possibly find a used part for HDTV's significantly cheaper?

I feel like I have a new 52 inch paper weight.

8. Fatty FatBastard

You do have a TV. Enjoy being a r****d.

HD is r****ded, and should not be purchased for the next decade, unless you are a moron.

Hell, anything tinman posts reiterates my point.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

HD is unstoppable!

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

HDMI and DVI uses the same video signal, so it should be the same. All you need is to connect the audio separately.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I bought a $3 cable on amazon. worked great.

12. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Well put some paper under it, why waste a good paper-weight?

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( Dude. You don't call someone a "r****d." You call your friends who are acting r****ded a "r****d." - Michael S. Scott

He's not saying he can't watch TV.