1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello and Goodbye

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Hello fellow ClutchCity.Net BBSers!

I haven't been around for a while due to a system go-live that I've been embroiled in for the past few months. Worklife has been very hectic and I haven't had much time to even lurk on this site, let alone post.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be going for good now.

:(

The BBS Hangout seems to have turned into a soapbox for certain individuals with a rather Anti-Semetic view of life. As a Jew, and one who is very proud of his heritage, I have no time for lies posted by bigoted morons.

I have several Palestinian friends who I can discuss Middle East issues with in a civilized tone. When we discuss these matters, it is with the understanding that we have differing viewpoints. It is also with the understanding that we respect each other as human beings.

I have absolutely no respect for Anti-Semetism, bigotry, or hatred of any kind, be it from the Klan or anyone else. The posts of Q8 Rocket and Rompa are nothing but Jew-hating diatribe, and their posts reflect what kind of "people" they are. The funny part is that they don't seem to realize it.

It makes me long for the days right after the Presidential election when the liberal/conservative rhetoric on this board was at a feverish pitch. Those days look like kindergarten compared to the trash I've been reading here lately.

I wish you all well, and I'm sorry that I have to go. As someone who has posted here from the beginning, it makes me sad that this board has turned into a sounding board for hatred. I also wish that Q8 Rocket, Rompa, and their friends one day see the light, and realize that their brand of hatred and bigotry is the #1 reason why the Palestinians don't have a country of their own.

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

3. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

I understand your sentiment RM Tex.

I am sorry you are leaving.

Unfortunately, the price of freedom is understanding and accepting that reprehensible people have their rights to soapboxes too.

Sometimes all you can do is turn away and walk far from the attitudes that you don't agree with ....

.... but remember that there are many others (Jewish and Gentile)walking beside you.

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Rocketman Tex- I hate to see you go.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with RichRocket.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

RM Tex

I am disappointed in you that you would let ignorance and hate by others guide your decision in this.

I have appreciated and defended you on many occasions and I will be damed if I'm going to see narrow minded and hurtful people drive you from this site.

I respect your decision and I will truly miss your wit and wisdom. But I beg you to reconsider.

Shalom my friend

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

DoD is not slamming me.. Great Day!

RMTex has all my sympathy in this matter but if he walks away, Q8 wins plain and simple.

Certainly there will be those here who carry on the good argument but to cede the discussion permanently because it is too ugly for you is no solution.

Have heart, RMTex!

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This really sucks. I've been wondering for awhile now where you were, and now this. Hopefully, you'll soon come to realize that these people aren't what the board is about...you can see that in the amount of backlash these idiots get. Hell, I defended Q8 for one brief second, and I feel like a huge idiot.

It's pretty much 100-1 in favor of your side here, I hope you rethink this decision.

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man I have to deal with this kind of bigotry every day, whether it's in real life or the news, I wish I could just leave like that!

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Rocketman Tex, please reconsider.......I will miss the fun talk about squirrel-eating, sports in general and Dr. Pepper drinking with you. Very memorable posts.....I know you must do what you feel is right, but if you leave us I don't agree with it.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There's always tomorrow... :D ;)

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No kidding,

You guys are WAY to sensitive about a few peoples views on the BBS.

Come on, to not post about the Rockets, because someone hates Jewish people?

NEWS FLASH !!! Hatred is all over the world, and because a TINY bit pours onto this BBS is no reason to quit hanging out with Rocket brethren.

I would never quit, what do you think the delete key, or ignore button is for.

Some of you with all your melodrama based on what other posters have said need to get a backbone.

SHEESH !!

DaDakota

13. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

-crap deleted b/c DaDakota was so succint- :D

Of course this board isn't a safe haven for bashing Judaism or people of Jewish descent. Clutch, Jeff, et. al. excel at making the board balance freedom of speech issues w/ a good fat dose of common sense.

I hope that your previous suspension of posting hasn't allowed you to weigh a grandstand now... hell, the season just started. If you truly are leaving... all my best.

again, what DaDakota has said, but when you read it in the voice that you ascribe to me, put a few swirly clouds around the border and make my voice seem imploring.

#13 Achebe, Nov 6, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2001
  14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think RocketMan Tex just wants to save money.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

RocketMan Tex -- you and I have disagreed a few times here, but you always responded with a measure of civility. I understand why you wish to leave, but I wish you wouldn't.

God bless!

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Rocketman Texas, have you also taken outrage at the treatment and namecalling directed at Arabs and Muslims on this board? Some of the posters who have been trashed the hardest are of Arab or Muslim descent. Do they go quit?

To me your quitting and namecalling is just another power play to attempt to silence criticism of Isreal. Why does it surprise you that some Arabs are against the state of Israel and put their arguments crudely?

As someone else said their very crudity hurts their case. If I were a supporter of Israel right or wrong, I would be happy to have the case against Israeli intransigience made by such unsophisticated boobs.

Try reading nimn.org to read Jews who don't support Israel right or wrong. They don't state their case so crudely.

Why not tell us what your views are? Just being pissed off and proud to be Jewish is not much of a statement.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's one thing to criticize our country's thought's towards the Middle East situation...it's a completely different thing to want all Jews to be murdered.

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I just read rompa's response about nuking and chemical warfare aginst the US in that stupid thread about David Duke and what really happened.

What an idiot. I give up. Ban him.

19. Band Geek Mobster

Is it that hard to ignore the rompa's and q8's on this bbs that piss you off?

20. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

RocketMan Tex,

Don't leave. As others have said, if you do, those you disagree with win. Or, at least, it makes it that much easier, because there's one less person to disagree with them.

I try to look at "idiots" (those who have idiotic views, by my definition), as having two benefits for me.

1. They expose themselves and others like them.
    2. They allow you to see a side of society and people you might not otherwise see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.