1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat vs Jazz/Mavs who would you root for in the finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SunsRocketsfan, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Who would you root for if the Heat made the finals agains the Jazz or Mavs

1. Heat

170 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. Mavs

64 vote(s)
    24.9%
  3. Jazz

23 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Steve_Francis_rules

How did the Heat pull a Yankees? They're playing under the same salary cap rules as every other team in the league.

2. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

I agree I think the Heat are the most hated team now. I never disliked Wade, but after this summer I never want Lebron or Bosh to win a thing.

Who would have thunk it - the Fakers, Mavs, and Jazz I'd support any of them vs the Heat.

Heck I loved seeing the Heat lose in preseason to the Hawks! :grin:

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

If it the finals was combination of these teams I just wouldnt watch personally.

But if I had to pick one to win it would easily be the Jazz

reasons:

1) The way lebron handled everything this summer really really turned me on him its not that I wouldnt want him to win a ring i just wouldnt want it to be right away
    2) Just upset at all 3 seemed like they had a plan going into this summer and just toyed around with several franchises who made salary dumping moves in hopes of having a fair shot at signing one of the "big 3" - karma is a b**** i hope it comes back to bite those 3
    3) my god could you imagine the orgasm espn would have if miami won? there would be a channel called ESPN-Heat1 and then ESPN-Heat2 that would just be all heat all the time. We'd see a Rockets-Lakers game bumped off national TV to see a Heat-Timberwolves game instead. The coverage is bad enough now if they actually win it would probably be the worst thing ever.

4) the mavs - I dont think there is a player in the NBA that annoys me more than jason terry..seriously i would probably stomp on his face multiple times if i knew i'd get away with it
    5) right after terry dirk is up there too with players that i would like to stomp on -- dirk is an amazing player dont get me wrong -- i just hate him it would be painful to see him on the podium with his tongue sticking out and pumping his fist as he gets the trophy
    6) maybe its just me but the words shawn marion and 'nba champion' should not go together

as for why the jazz simple:

1) they got rid of a lot of the players i hated: boozer, harpring, korver they still have okur and ak of course which isnt good.
    2) deron williams quite possibly is my favorite non-rockets player and it pains me to see him in a jazz uniform i keep hoping he'll leave but if he doesnt i hope he would win
    3) i also like al jefferson so if he won i wouldnt be that upset

4) jerry sloan -- good god this guy is the last link to the stockton-malone era and is responsible for their dirty play i want him out of the league as soon as possible..it doesnt look like he'll ever stop coaching until he wins a championship so at least in my eyes let him get one so he forever leaves the sport of basketball once and for all

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The more likely scenario is the Lakers vs the Heat, which would be a much tougher choice for me.

For those who don't understand the Heat hate, it's something about the David and Goliath thing. If it comes down to Mavs/Jazz vs Heat in the finals, either of those teams will be heavy underdog against the Heat. It's just natural for people to want someone to beat a team that has three of the top 10 players (especially for the fact that at least two of those three have acted like a prick this summer). But if it's the Lakers, then it's a totally different story.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

I kind of agree with the whole 'karma is a b****' thing, but that's exactly why I'm not upset that those three guys were stringing teams along this summer. Those same teams (especially the Knicks) had been gutting their rosters for years, putting crappy teams on the floor and still expecting their fans to pay. They got what they deserved.

I guess I'm one of the few people who thinks the current media love for the Lakers is just as bad as the Miami love would be if they won.

6. SunsRocketsfan

True I think I am with you here. I would root for the Mavs. Cant root for the jazz simply because of the Malone/Stockton era but I don't hate the individual players on the current Jazz team except for maybe Harpring (is that guy still on that team) As for the Mav's the only guy I hated was Josh Howard and he's gone now. As much as people hate Dirk on here he really is a great player and seems like a pretty nice guy off the court.

As for the heat they are so full of themselves. LBJ's ego is insane and the whole lazer/smoke light show they put on was just ridiculous. What is this the WWF? And agree on all the crappy bandwagon fans with no true knowledge of the game. I would hate for the Heat to ever win anything. The media would go insane and it will be on ESPN 24/7.

Down with the heat!!!

7. SunsRocketsfan

I just took the Lakers out since our two most hates teams I believe are the Mavs/Jazz. Lakers are so good and they have already won that I don't care if they win another one. It's not as bad winning another one as for the Heat to win their first.

8. SunsRocketsfan

well one thing I can conclude from the poll is that people hate the Jazz more than the Mavs :)

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

My 2 favorite NBA teams are the Houston Rockets and whoever is playing the Heat.

10. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Never ever would I root for Jazz or Mavs

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm wondering if all the people that are saying they wouldn't cheer for the Mavs are cheering for the Rangers in the World Series. I realize its not the same thing but I'm a little surprised there is no overiding state pride among Texans.

I really don't have a burning hatred of Lebron and the Heat I just want to see them lose because I don't want to see this trend of the best players stacking one team (especially they way these guys did it in the prime of their careers). I think it makes the NBA less interesting.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Do not underestimate the Lakers hate here. I think the most hated team on this board by far is the Jazz. And Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs can all claim the second place.

Also, another 3-peat for the Lakers will have tremendous implications for the legacy of Phil Jackson, whom I have a strong dislike. I can already imagine how people would proclaim Jackson as the greatest coach of all time and the reason would be "You can't argue with 4 3-peats." And someone would inevitable argue that Kobe is as great as Jordan because "They both got two 3-peats." I feel nauseated just thinking about those arguments.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Than what to you do when it's Lakers v, Jazz?

14. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Roof Collapse

15. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Personally, hating on the Jazz is like hating on the Braves or the Dodgers in that the animosity will always be there, but you'd be hard pressed to find why you hate the current team so much (well compared to more deserving teams). So I'll root for them if against the Lakers/Mavs/Heat.

16. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

You need a not watch option in the poll. This is a very effed up scenario. Heat vs Mav I would pull for the Mavs, Heat vs Jazz I would just curl up and die.

17. Dei

Dei Member

I removed Dallas from Texas a long time ago.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Will never root for Dallas. Will never root for Utah. Can stand what the Heat have done, but at least Wade isn't a douchebag. Heat for sure.

19. Roxs-Redemption

dont care..i only care for Rockets

20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would rather die than rooting for Mavs/Jazz