1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Heat vs Jazz/Mavs who would you root for in the finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SunsRocketsfan, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Who would you root for if the Heat made the finals agains the Jazz or Mavs

1. Heat

170 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. Mavs

64 vote(s)
    24.9%
  3. Jazz

23 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. jlwee

jlwee Member

Mavs and Jazz both have long history with those old and young die hard rockets fans.
    Heat? Tell me a reason why you would want to hate the Heat? Beside you are Lebron haters or Kobe only fans, I simply don't see any reasons why a true rockets fan should hate Miami Heat which has no hatred history with our Rockets.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'd root for Voltron to form and destroy both of them.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Rockets...

1 person likes this.
  4. AXG

AXG Member

I voted Heat because they are in the Eastern Conference and I don't have a negative history with them..... yet.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Similarly, I don't want the j*zz or Lebron to win a championship :p

6. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

This.

Seriously ... how can anyone cheer for Mavs and Jazz? Hate Lebron or Bosh all you want but there is not need to hate the whole team. Mavs and Jazz only the other hand are teams to be hated (exception of D. Will imo ... he is ok). After all that stuff they put the Rockets through, I don't see how it is feasible to cheer for them.

7. moreyball

moreyball Member

Knicks or Lakers?

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

The Heat. No question about it. Dallas HAHAHAH. Love to see Cuban little :confused: face everytime they are knocked out.

9. sw847

sw847 Member

me too. I don't want to go through a summer of heat's/lebron hype. off seasons are already annoying with all the useless articles/stipulation and all, i don't want to listen to how great lebron is in carrying a team to the championship all day long. the media is already proclaiming the heat as a potential greatest team of all time without playing a single game, imagine the kind of stuff that is gonna be said if they actually won a championship.

but i hate the jazz (except for Dwill who is just a great Pg). the mavs on the other hand is not as bad. I like their style of basketball (except the flopping and b*tching).

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

There is nothing that can make me change my mind about how much I hate the Jazz. I hope I never live to see the day they win a championship. The only thing that would change that would be for Jerry Sloan to stop being the coach and for the Jazz to stop playing his dirty style of basketball, and honestly that would take at least 10-15 years before the stench of Sloan's tenure finally starts to seep away from that franchise. Screw the Jazz. Seriously.

11. k-money

k-money Member

where is the i would rather just hope both teams brick every shot option?

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would cheer for the Fakers over any of those 3 teams. And I really don't like the Fakers.

Where is the option where you throw up in your mouth and just stop watching the NBA?

13. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

My wife roots for the Mavs, so I'd pretty much have no choice ... we have a deal ... she roots for the Rox with me, and I root for the Mavs with her ... unless of course they play each other ... in which case gloves are off.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Weird. Meaningless. Do you feel better because San Antonio got those rings?

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're overlooking the fact that in this scenario, LeBron and Miami are in the finals. Win or lose, there's no way to escape the absurd amount of hype this will generate after the season.

But you can always stick to your principles and enjoy watching your rivals lose.

16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

whoops I misread the question. I didn't think heat was going to be a choice, so I quickly put Jazz. I hate hate hate the mavs. I encounter a lot more Mavs fans here in this state, and I don't want them to win a title.. EVER

In order of who I don't want most to win the title this year
    1. Mavs
    2. Jazz
    3. Heat
    4. Lakers

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would rather have anyone in the league win than the Heat.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Heat easily for me. REALLY don't want to see the Jazz or Mavericks win.. at all.

19. CALI_MOST_WANTD

ummm I think I'll say dallas maybe. Deff not jazz though. Never the fakers! Heat>fakers all day! I never wanna see "kobe bryant" win another ring.

20. albuster

albuster Member

This scenario is not going to happen now and in the near future.