1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEAT Trio Meeting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ElVenezolano, Nov 9, 2010.

1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

So it seems the Bosh wants to be more aggrissive and needs some help from the big 2.

http://sportifi.com/news/Chris-Bosh-isnt-finding-things-easy-so-far-130017.html

I think today you can see a change of attitude in his game...

Chris Bosh isn't finding things easy so far
    Posted on: November 8, 2010 1:49 pmScore: 159
    Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate: Log-in to rate: Chris Bosh struggling in the post and on the boards so far amid the Triad.
    Posted by Matt Moore

When the Miami Triad got together this summer, each probably wondered which of the other two would struggle. After all, they themselves would be fine. But some of the others may have difficulty in adjusting to their new roles. Turns out Chris Bosh seems to be the unlucky one, and even he admits it. His solution? Talk to the King (James). The Miami Herald reports of an on-plane meeting between Bosh and James, in which Bosh owned up to his own problems with the new Heat.

"I was just honest,'' Bosh said. ``I get a little lost out there because it's different.''

Lost is a tough word, but it's pretty accurate. Bosh has seemed to wander at times, and it's showing in his production. Some loss in production was to be expected with how much he's having to share the ball amongst the new superstar friends, but 13.3 points and more importantly 5.5 rebounds is a pretty severe drop-off. What's interesting is that Bosh's role in the offense? Hasn't changed much from Toronto.

Last season in Toronto according to Synergy Sports , Bosh spent 35% of this time in the post. This year? 34%. The difference is last year he shot 53% from the post and this year just 38%. Bosh spent 18% of his plays in Isolation plays last year, this year 17%. Bosh only spent 12% of his plays in the pick and roll, this year, that's up to 19%. And he's shooting 53% out of it.

So what gives? In short, the Heat need Bosh to be a premier post presence, but he's much better in the pick and roll or pick and pop, and face up.

Rebounding is the real issue, though. Last year, Bosh collected 17.7% of all available rebounds (TRR). This year he's grabbing less than 10% of the Heat's. Toronto was a terrible rebounding team with a power forward (Andrea Bargnani) at center, but still. Bosh grabbed 9.8% of all available offensive rebounds, this year it's down to 2.8%. Being the primary big man is not working out so well for Bosh. Which may be why he says he needs to get more aggressive.

"I've kind of been on my heels for the first part of the season, so I'm starting to figure it out; it's starting to come to me,'' he said after Saturday's 101-89 victory against the Nets. ``But at the end of the day, I just have to be aggressive. That's what it's all about.''

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Ah it begins...

3. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

So what begins? You are making something out of nothing.

1 person likes this.
  4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

there's only one basketball.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and they ask who is the leader? bosh going to james for advice.

he looks much better last game and tonight. he will come around.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're a third option.

Deal with it, Bosh.

7. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

The thing is, that Bosh as a 3rd option, is better then most teams 1st option.

8. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

LeBron responded by giving Chris his drycleaning and the keys to his car so he could get it detailed.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

bosh has 2 straight good games, but you can still see he's kind of lost. he will only get better. the heat still has so much potential.

10. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Odd that Wade was left out of the meeting with the King.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Time for the Heat to implode...

12. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Anyone watching the game Utah-Miami....OMG Millsap is beast

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Like I said in another thread, the main priority is getting LeBron and Wade in sync. Eventually they will focus on helping Bosh find his way. Going from being the #1 option for his entire career to #3 behind perhaps the top 2 most dynamic offensive players in the NBA would be hard for anyone. In order to stay out of the Big 2's way, Bosh must figure out how to get more of his points closer to the basket. Pick-n-pop will work quite nicely for him, but he also needs to be serious post presence to help the Heat with their spacing.

I truly don't believe Wade and LeBron should sacrifice much of their game right now for Bosh's sake. He is a distant 3rd priority until later in the season after those two master each other's tendencies.

14. Prince

Prince Member

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bosh needs to realize he's the third wheel here...at first it was lebron who trie to be the man and Wade realized it's still his team and has been back to the old wade...as it should be. Bosh needs to focus on doing the dirty work, defense, putbacks, etc....

16. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Millsap just took on the whole team and willed them to overtime. Amazing.

17. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

WTF did the King and Bosh talk about during this meeting? Skirts and purses?

Milsap just dropped 46 on Bosh while setting a Jazz franchise record.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Mr. "I want to be the centerpiece" feels lost now?

19. AugieC

AugieC Member

I thought he only wanted more TV appearance?? So now he dunno what's his role???

right.... more touch on the ball = more zoom in & TV highlights... I see...

Go star a movie if he wants so much attention on TV

20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Bosh could actually challenge Rashard Lewis for the title of most overpaid NBA player this year! :rolleyes: