1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat scorched in the Finals: can it help us get LeBron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, the obvious choice is to take a pay cut and join the Spurs.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Really, the Spurs? You think 3 years from now joining that team over the likes of howard and harden in their prime gives him a better chance to win a championship?

Cool story bro.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes, joining a team that got bounced in the first round gives him a far better chance to win than sticking with his current team. You know, the one that is in the finals for a 4th straight year.

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If Houston had Lebron and played in the East, you don't think they would make it to the Finals 4 years in a row?

I was expecting far more intelligent responses......

5. Carl Herrera

The Spurs will reload with new talent around Lebron and Kawhi when their older players age.

Howard I see why Lebron want to play with. Harden not so much. I can see Lebron coming to Houston only if management demonstrates wisdom and trade Harden for Love. Lebron, Love and Howard = titles.

1 person likes this.
  6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I see, and a team built around Lebron and Kawhi is better than Lebron, Howard, and Harden.

Makes sense to me.

7. Carl Herrera

The Spurs are 3-1 in the Finals with Kawhi because they know how to build a team. The Rockets exited the first round because all Morey knows is trading assets.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Haha, there is no chance he joins the Spurs. Joining the team that just crushed you in the Finals would make you look really really bad.

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

So you think Morey is an inferior GM? Tell us more ohh wise one....

10. do work son

do work son Member

how exactly would we acquire lebron? love to hear the logistics behind it all

11. Asian Sensation

Pretty sure you, your mom, your dad and me + Lebron could make it out of the first round.

12. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

if lebron wants to play for a more dysfunctional team than the cavaliers, houston is the obvious choice

13. Carl Herrera

Not inferior compared to David Kahn. But inferior to RC Buford.

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I really enjoyed how you had to edit this response 3 times and had to add more and more to it because you realized how silly you sounded.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now that's an interesting prospect, I don't think there is any way it happens, but that would be something to get excited about.

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Bottom line is that Morey is a fine GM. Is he the best GM in basketball, maybe not but considering the talent that Morey has already assembled and you add a Lebron to it, wouldn't you agree that they would be the favorite to win it all?

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Dude Carl is trolling you. Just ignore him.

18. Raven

Raven Member

But if he subtracts himself from Miami's roster, do they make the Finals? And if he adds himself to the Rockets' roster, do they get bounced in the first round? He's going to be thinking in terms of five year window, not just next season, and Wade is declining and has two years left on his contract. The Lakers are a mess and Rose's future is in doubt. I can see Houston being a legit option for him, but I think the Knicks have the inside track.

19. Carl Herrera

Lebron + the talent on any good team would be the favorite to win it all.

Lebron + Portland would be the favorite to win it all.
    Lebron + Indiana would be the favorite to win it all.
    Lebron + OKC would be the favorite to win it all.
    Lebron + Clippers would be the favorite to win it all.

Houston is a good situation, but it isn't better than every other situation.

Yes, HOU can likely clear cap room for Lebron, or work out a sign and trade, but so can a number of teams. OKC for one, can offer, say, Ibaka+Reggie Jackson+Perk's expiring contract for Lebron.

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Lebron will sign 2 year contracts at a paycut and join each new dynasty as it develops along.