1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat lose only 1 game in December.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AggieRocketsFan, Jan 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AggieRocketsFan

One loss to the Mavericks.

:grin:

2. devilsdandruff

Houston Rockets won the whole February in 2008

3. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Portland is 11 and 7 when leading through 3 qtrs

4. SunsRocketsfan

Rockets have never won when the opponent out scores them in December

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

6. The Situation

The Situation Member

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

How the **** do they do it? They're so undermanned.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's amazing they could accomplish such a feat with marginal role players.

9. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Its not so amazing when you realize they have Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh on their team.

10. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

CCCCCCCCCCOMBO breaker

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Let's not get carried away with the Heat. They beat 5 teams with winning records(the Knicks who I think are highly overrated twice). Those teams are Atlanta(minus Joe Johnson), Utah, New Orleans, New York twice, and the Lakers(who looked completely uninspired). They have had the 7th easiest schedule to date in the league and played two back to backs total(at the begging and end) in December - one against Detroit/Cleveland which doesn't rate very high in difficulty level. Let's face it - the numbers don't immediately reveal just how easy a schedule it was for them.

...I'm not hating on them - it's tough to keep focus over less immediately important December games and to the Heat's credit they managed to do that..but then again they were also playing with their backs to the wall after a tough October/November that had them losing 5 of their 6 games to teams with winning records. They were already "feeling the heat"(no pun intended). I want to see how they do in March when the play playoff teams almost exclusively - that will tell me if they are really a legit team because right now, the only thing I have seen from them is they are a team that can beat crappy eastern conference teams on talent alone. I'm still skeptical and feel that the good defense they supposedly play is more based on them playing poor shooting teams in the first place.

12. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

I hate to say this, but the Heat look like a legendary team now. they are proving that you do not need big men to win good games and i hope not (but likely) championships. They resemble the fierce and gel look of the bulls. Wade and James are going bizerk when they have to. Bosh isnt missing. There supporting casts has to shoot and they have the shooters. James is playing like a combo Jordan/Johnson, have you seen how amazing his shot looks this year? he's only 26! Jordan didn't win one until he was 30. The scary thought that this team will devastate competition is becoming reality.

I hate the heat. I believe Kobe is the true champion in the league, with Dhoward, Durant, Cp3, and Amare all close behind. Adelman deserves a ring too. But wow, this team got it together. Unless Wade's knees give out in the next couple of years (even then James/Bosh is fierce) this team is going to wreck.

Funny that they lost to the Mavs though. For some reason, I can't take the Mavs seriously. I feel Dirk will mess it up in the playoffs anyway.

13. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

oh and I REALLY HOPE the heat lose to the Spurs. that would be the best.

14. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Go to sleep bro

15. Rezbama

Rezbama Member

haha lets be honest, the spurs will win the west this year, unless the lakers get into shape.

Spurs fundamental beating Heat transition and power game? too classic.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Sarcasm, my post was.

And don't you mean Chris Bosh and Co.? ;)