1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat doesn’t want Ryno according to Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

11/3/2 is infinitely better than the 0/0/0 pts or the -12 Anderson had last year.

2. Fantasma Negro

Daryl needs to focus on getting Nic Batum

mockster, ilias and hakeem94 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

We're talking about the principle of it not the legality.

Nobody here is saying sue Anderson for breach of contract we're saying he ain't getting the job done. Like I said when you go to barber for a 300 dollar haircut and he gives you a 6 dollar haircut he still fulfilled the terms of his "contract" but clearly there is an issue with his work. Same thing here, when Morey handed out that deal there was an expectation Anderson would shoot 3s, now you are saying he doesn't need to do anything because his salary is guaranteed? So he basically he has no blame in the fact that he is useless in the playoffs is that it? LOL get outta here you Anderson fanboy.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Fanboy. I’d trade him for about any and every player that has been suggested. I simply said him being a decent back up is not delusional, you cried, I said what’s done is done, you blamed the Warriors loss on him, I disagreed and said that is bogus, you proved me wrong by comparing an NBA player to a plumber, and comparing a bad contract in the NBA (that we have to get over) to a bad haircut. Now hush puppy. Go to sleep

peleincubus likes this.
  5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Are you really going to hold it against Ryan Anderson for being injured? But if you want to go that route, Tyler Johnson was -19 and shot 28% against the Warriors last year. And that was against the don't care about the regular season Warriors. Is this the guy you are telling me will allow us to beat the Warriors this upcoming season?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Was Anderson injured the rest of the time he was in the playoffs? Because he has a 6 pt per game average so he has sucked pretty much every year he went to the playoffs.

We dont need a guy who will beat the warriors, we just need someone who will be an upgrade over Ryan Anderson since we are stuck with his contract. Whi cares how Johnson did in the regular season, the Rox beat GSW in the regular season how did that work out for them?

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

How 0 0 0 being a decent backup?

Yep you are definitely delusional.

-12 in a game the Rox lost by 9 is a decent backup?

Conclusion : still delusional.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wait you're saying the Rockets don't need to add anyone in order to beat the Warriors? In that case why even trade Ryan Anderson? Just don't play him and we can start polishing the 2019 NBA championship trophy! Beats sending 1st round picks to other teams for the privelege of doing the same thing.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's not that Tyler is gun shy, Miami just doesn't play like the Rockets you know...he's also a solid defender so, swapping Ryan for him would still be a good move for us. Of course, if you expect the Rockets to trade Anderson and get back a player that makes them a lot better, your expectations are just unrealistic, that's just not possible.

Zoplicone likes this.
  10. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah this isn't really a surprise.

No one really "Wants" Ryno at the amount he is being paid. The goal is to find someone who is willing to take him with other incentives. Unfortunately, there may not be many or any teams willing to do that either.

Guess they didn't get the memo about the spacing he provides.

roslolian and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  12. fv court

fv court Member

dc rock likes this.
  13. blackistan

blackistan Member

Well damn thats surprising

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. BackdoorHarden

I'm shocked no one wants Ryno! SHOCKED! Even Timothy M have 3 teams trading for him the past 3 years!!! WHERE IS DA LOVE

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

When did Clutchfans just degenerate to defining guys by the last playoff game they played? What happened to actual detailed, thoughtful posts around here this offseason? Now you are only worth the last game you played in. First Josh Smith (in the opposite way), then James Harden, then Trevor Ariza, then Luc Mbah A Moute, now Ryan Anderson.

We forget that he was actually playing pretty well with CP3 last year before the injury. If he can go back to grabbing offensive boards and letting open threes fly, he's OK in a regular-season rotation for one more year, at which point he'll become eminently tradeable as an expiring $20M piece for the 2020 free agent race.

And fine, argue that he can't guard Steph Curry. Get over it. Even if we stick him on the bench he stays professional and isn't a negative lockerroom presence. I don't understand the point of all of this whinging every single day throughout the offseason.

WE GET IT, some people don't like Ryan Anderson. He isn't going anywhere. Yet.

Pat and charlieaustin like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Tyler Johnson is the best the Rockets can get with Ryan Anderson I would take that. That's CP insurance and a player that is playable vs GSW.

Morey should make the best deal he can. Personally, I am impatient with wanting to move on from Anderson. I would love a deal to be done to have him off the roster by training camp. But, Morey should make the best deal. He knows the market.

jch1911 likes this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I did open it up a bit but Tyler Johnson wasn't one of our targets. I saw that in a media report but never heard that here as our target. We have been discussing James Johnson, Kent Bazemore, and recently but less believable Harkless. Obviously, I don't want to exchange one misery for another like Luol Deng or Joakim Noah. All of my other posts have referenced POSITIVE ASSET/S but I left that word out here mostly because I have made this point 100 times and I am not going to overword every post to clarify every point. I don't believe Morey would ever trade one hell for another that none of us would want.

I watch the games and the stats you posted above can fool you. It's really not representative of reality. You bring up playoffs because you think you are following the same talking points and making the same arguments that everyone else is. Here is a more accurate stat for you. Ryno missed 16 games, in about half of the games he played his was virtually worthless to us. What is unique in that analysis is that almost 100% of those games happened after the first week of December. I think his name came up in trade, he didn't want to be traded, and he essentially quit. He had a short burst of a few games later at the end of January but then went back to sleep and left the lineup and became mostly inactive. I won't dignify looking through Tyler Johnson because that is not my comparison.

What baffles the hell out of me is that we can rip Harden to shreds with welcome criticism and he is the MVP of the 'effin NBA. If we provide factual criticism of Ryno and demand we get him the hell out of here, everyone jumps out of the woodwork to defend him.

roslolian likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Ryan Anderson is the cause of all your problems. Les and Morey clearly wanted a guy who stopped shooting due to the pressure.

19. dmoneybangbang

No need to cut off your nose to spite your face. I don’t think Morey is willingly to give up the first round picks to make the move.

20. dmoneybangbang

Everyone wants him gone, but some folks have become too irrational about the issue.