1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat doesn’t want Ryno according to Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Aug 18, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

His biggest blunder imho

2. amaru

amaru Member

We might need another basketball league involved lol

Reeko, Cash Cam, yixiixiy and 2 others like this.
  3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We can try to get zach Randolph. Kings want to sell him

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

But but but....the spacing

Reeko, ak99999, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

It's funny because I remember guys on here arguing that Morey won't have a problem getting rid of Ryno. Think again....

Now they probably gonna say that Morey wants to keep him that's why he's not traded.

Little Bit and Dacamel like this.
  6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

No one wants him

PDJACK7 and saleem like this.
  7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

20 freaking million being wasted... in a Matt Bullard type player .....

Reeko likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

If the Rockets win a ring then that huge tax bill is negated by the additional revenue the finals series and the sponsors will bring in that's why it would make sense to get rid of Anderson for a better player. If a team can reach the NBA finals, that means that everyone will be watching the series and only teams take part of that profit. Afterwards if they win all the bang wagon fans will jump aboard and the tix prices can go up again without lost in audience numbers. Look at Cleveland, their owner had no problems paying tax cuz the have been to the Finals X amount of times thanks to Lebron.

kjayp likes this.
  9. Raven

Raven Member

One of Morey's biggest blunders. I think most people here hated it at the time.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Rhyno the gift that keeps on giving.... probably an HSN infomarcial about him soon enough.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can see finals revenue taking out some of the sting - esp if it happens this year when we're just paying the straight up luxury tax... but when you're talkin about swapping Ryno for a longer high dollar contract - then you potentially start getting into 'repeat offender' luxury tax years - which are coming - that's when multipliers start hitting those luxury tax dollars - thats when the bill get stupid. Harden, CP3 and CC are all on long increasing high dollar contracts and while a rising cap will soften some of the numbers - once we hit repeater status its gonna hit the bottom line like a ton of bricks...
    I gotta believe Morey and Tilman have extrapolated these numbers out... and I gotta believe we're operating within a certain window to see bottom line results before we dig that luxury tax hole any deeper...
    ...jus my opinion though... based on my take of the business aspects of it...

#71 kjayp, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  12. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

His value is rock bottom right now. It will take a Melo injury and Ryno sub in and 15+ppg during a very long win streak to recover anywhere significant trade value. Could happen though late january thru mid march.

13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

C'mon man.

We don't need no injury jinx.

We're already the leagues AARP team.

saleem likes this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Before I point out that you’re just angry and wrong, let me start by saying I hate Ryno’s contract and would love to get rid of it.
    Now, you’re asking me if I know how the cap works? Yeah. The summer he signed a lot of people got paid. Big. He wasn’t our first option. It got to a point where if we wanted him that’s how much we had to pay for him. Maybe slightly less no one actually knows. He did help us have a great regular season which helped us become a more attractive team to get future free agents. Morey offered him the contract. What was he to do? Say ‘no I should take less, I’m not that good’.

By the time we played the Warriors he was like our 8th man. Since when does it fall on him. Technically you’re right. If he hits 4 threes that game maybe we win. But you can same the same about every player on the roster.

No. Stop. Don’t explain opportunity cost. Saying we lost because we are paying him $20 mil when we could have paid someone else that $20 mil to play against the Warriors is like saying in the past when we lost series it was Marcus Morris’ fault because we could have drafted Kawhi instead of him. You’re not wrong I guess. Just unfair.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

16. rocketseagles07

So... we can get Otto or jimmy for him we don’t need to worry about the heat.... at least that’s what CF told me

Reeko, kjayp, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think morey needs to upgrade power forward and center position. Find a guy who can score 1x and get over 8 rebounds

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only a team with a worse contract, cap space and/or in rebuild mode may consider Ryno trade.

Hornets, Kings, Magic or Hawks methinks.

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man anytime I see a thread dismissing the Rockets chances of making a move.....when I see @Codman post his thoughts, that always perks me up.

I totally agree that with Miami it would would likely be a third team. I always thoughts Sacramento would be a good third team since they have expirings and can't get FAs. So adding players via trade is the best route for them.

TheRealAllpro and jch1911 like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The 3rd team is Washington. We will get James Johnson and Otto Porter for RA. It is definitely happening, absolutely, no question about it.

However things are very fluid in the NBA and can change at a moment's notice.