1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hear me out. Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Sep 30, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

[Miami Herald] Barry Jackson - July 4, 2017 - Heat releases Bosh, retire his jersey number
    [...]
    Bosh, who relocated to Los Angeles last month, told Larry King in an April interview that he believes he will play in the NBA again.

"Yeah, I think so. At heart. I'm still an athlete. That is not how I want it to end.”

Though Bosh was initially angry with the Heat for not allowing him to play, the Bosh/Heat relationship ended on good terms, according to an associate, with contact between Bosh and owner Micky Arison.

“Yeah, I understand what they have to do as a team," Bosh said. "It is a business. I know we -- as athletes and owners and people involved with the NBA -- never want to say it's a business, and things like that. It's is a business. And hurt does come in with that. But as president of the Miami Heat, I understand what he has to do."

Bosh, during the interview with King, declined to disclose specifics about his health.

"It's complicated," he said. "It's very, very complicated, and that's why I haven't been able to play this year."

Asked if he misses playing, he said: “I do, but a part of me doesn't. Yeah. I've come to enjoy different aspects of life. There's a lot of life out there.

"I mean only because as basketball players, we do that, and that's really it. I've enjoyed spending time with my kids, enjoyed spending time with my wife, and just kind of relaxing and working on my mind and my soul….

"It's been a very interesting time for me. only because I'm used to playing basketball. I'm used to practicing. I'm used to the schedule. That's kind of what I was born to do. That's what I've been doing my whole life. And over the last year, I have not been able to kind of fall back on that. So it's forced me to grow in a lot of different ways."

Though he worked for several weeks this spring as a studio analyst for TNT, he said he hasn’t attended NBA games because “to watch the game without me in it, is just no point doing that.”
    ----------

Item of interest here: CBA FAQ#62. What is a Fitness to Play Panel?

[Ora TV video] Larry King Now interview with Chris Bosh

#161 craguin, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Interview is from April.

Since then he has signed a deal to do analysis for espn

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Espn with the **** block. Where else would he have gone besides houston?

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Cleveland

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

If the health concerns are legitimate, we should let him be. I don't want a man to die in a Rockets jersey because we wanted to win a championship.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Don't worry below this thread is a "hear me out" Andrew Bynum & Joey Dorsey thread.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he needs lifelong anti-coagulants but imo that would be the issue. You can't play things that can cuase trauma b.c real chance you'll bleed to death.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Apparently he has a regiment that can be out of the system within 8 hours.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what he's on but the point of it would be to thin his blood all day, we have patients on warfarrin for ex check levels ever 2 wks. Anyways don't wanna side track lol. If he isn't on blood thinners it might be worth the risk for us, but deff not worth the risk to him IMO.