1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hear me out. Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Sep 30, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

^ see quoted text in articles below...

[LA Times - October 15, 1989] NBA NOTES : Rockets Won't Fire Without Olajuwon
    [ESPN - Tuesday, March 13, 2001] Doctors treating disorder like a blood clot

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

After reading more about these blood thinners I started wondering if they are even worth the risk. They seriously **** your body up. I don't have any issues with clots but does anyone know if these heavy duty blood thinners do more harm than good?

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm... It depends on the patient and reason for taking (so everyone has different needs). But without the thinners the reality is some patients would die. If a patient has a lifelong clotting issue the chance of pulmonary embolism or other life threatening conditions makes taking the thinners worth it. So... Possible side effects or death

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Olajuwon's clot was in his leg and, once he received treatment, I don't believe there was a recurrence. Bosh's clot was in his lung and his clots have shown a recurrence in his body. Even if you ignore his health, all you may get is a Bosh who's going to continually be sidelined with this condition. I'm not that desperate.

Tha_Dude and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  6. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Riley is as slimy and greasy as his hair.

7. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

exactly, forget him

8. mockster

mockster Member

9. craguin

craguin Member

Olajuwon was hospitalized on July 10, 1989:

"Olajuwon entered the hospital July 10 complaining of soreness in his left calf, Rockets General Manager Ray Patterson said in a statement. Thromboplebitis is an irritation of the inner lining of a blood vein associated with a blood clot."

Several years later Olajuwon had another clot (lower left leg) in 2001:

[March 25, 2001] Olajuwon responding well to medication
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was reported that Bosh's clots did not originate in his lungs:

[Miami Herald] Medical experts weigh in on Miami Heat star Chris Bosh’s second bout with blood clot
    "One year after he was hospitalized with blood clots in his lungs, the Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh reportedly is back on medication to treat a new clot in his left leg [...]

Last season, Bosh missed the second half of the NBA season after a blood clot traveled from his leg to his lungs, requiring hospitalization and several months of therapy with blood thinners while avoiding contact sports."

Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) - Definition
    Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) occurs when a blood clot (thrombus) forms in one or more of the deep veins in your body, usually in your legs. [...]

Deep vein thrombosis is a serious condition because blood clots in your veins can break loose, travel through your bloodstream and lodge in your lungs, blocking blood flow (pulmonary embolism).

10. mockster

mockster Member

Hmm Hakeem's issues makes this instresting

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Would rather have Duncan with a both legs amputated than Bosh.

robbie380 likes this.
  12. CertifiedTroll

I think you are underestimating how important legs are to basketball.

MGC and robbie380 like this.
  13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your are probably 100% correct. My main point regarding his health is that I would let my doctors make the decision regarding his health, since I am definitely not a doctor. If my team doctor told me no way then that would be the end of it. But if they told me we could effectively monitor it and that it was manageable, then my decision to try and acquire him would be strictly based on basketball.

I referenced Olajuwon to show that just because someone is diagnosed with blood clots doesn't necessarily mean they can no longer play basketball safely. Therefor just let the doctors make that call.

14. RESINator

RESINator Member

I wonder if he can just get lovenox shots daily and have his blood thinners held on game day.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'd honestly rather play Harrell, Capela and Dekker more than we'd like to. I want to figure out what these guys have in their future while we have a 1 year retooling window.

16. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Bosh will be waived in the coming weeks. Wonder if a team will claim him.

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He wil go to join cleverland.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

how about no

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Bosh was eligible to come back, he would have already.

I'm sure the Heat would absolutely LOVE to have Bosh's on court production right now sitting only one game out of the playoffs currently. Whiteside and Dragic are 27 & 30, their team is not young, they are not rebuilding, growing or developing this season, they are trying to make the playoffs and could use Bosh just as much as anybody else right now.

For Bosh to think this is some sort of stunt by Miami show me he's very likely in denial about his health.

RocketWalta likes this.
  20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Why are some people so eager to see a man die on the court. He had clots in his lungs and based on what happened in the past it'seems recurring. He's done and should avoid basketball if he wants to live a long life.