1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads up] Vince Young live on VinceRadio 610 @ 9AM (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fegwu, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Towards the end of the Tuesday afternoon show with "da voice" and Rich, they mentioned that Vince Young will be joining Lance and John on Wednesday (1-11-06) morning's show at 9AM.

Although Lance and John are NOT the greatest interviewers in the world, I expect this to be fun. Fireworks indeed - please call in and show Vince how much we love to have him since we know that the Texan's brass will be listening and keeping tab as well.

It is a date guys/gals.

P.S. While listening, make sure you have your DRAFTVINCEYOUNG T-shirt, hat and underwear on :)

Radio Link (hope it works)

#1 Fegwu, Jan 11, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  2. Cire

Cire Contributing Member

Cool thanks for the heads up!

3. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I can't wait for this damn Vince Radio 610 crap to end. Good job Chance I think you finally got rid of all the non texas fans that still listened to 610. Thank God for ESPN 790.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't be an A$$.....

610 is in the business of making money, and right now Vince is hot, Chance is doing what any good producer would do, get the "Hot" commodity onto his program.

If you are a Texas hater, fine. But what if Vince gets drafted by the Texans, will you hate him too?

Don't be a hater, and stop being a whiner !

DD

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amen brother

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

According to Richard Justice this morning on the radio...a representative with NFL Properties told Bob McNair that Vince Young is the most popular ATHLETE in the country right now. Not football player. Athlete.

You can wish it would go away...but it won't. It isn't just Texas fans, either. VY made a lot of people Texas fans who didn't care all that much about them before. Particularly so from the area of Houston he grew up in.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Vince Young is the hottest athlete in America. What else are people gonna talk about in Houston, the NFL playoffs. the only other thing worth talking about is Longhorn Bball. Seriously, all Rockets talk would be depressing. the Tejada deal supposedly has fallen through.

8. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

9. Bogey

I'm not a VY hater its just when a radio is promoting itself as Vince Radio 610, live from Vinceston, Texas all Vince all the the time, it gets a little tiring.
    If the Texans draft him I will be one of his biggest fans. I just think drafting Bush is the smarter move. Hey, there's an idea, maybe we could talk about the future face of the Texans, Reggie Bush.

10. MadMax

but it's being driven by the callers. the hosts have said, "please..someone call on another topic." people don't.

11. Bogey

Yet, that was the promotional add they run?

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think those promos are meant as a joke. At least that's how I took them.

13. MadMax

sure..because it is what it is. they didn't do it first...the calls poured in first. lance just said he received more emails in a day than he ever has received before in a day.

sports radio is entertainment...you don't force an issue. when people are into it like they're into VY right now, you go with it.

14. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

when asked does he feel for David Carr: Vince Young: "half the time he did alright but you have to help your o-line out by moving around a little bit and getting the ball out a little quicker" he did go on to say he did a good job with what he had but I thought that part was funny.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

LOL.

They just asked Vince about all the sacks that Carr has taken....he said something like "Sometimes I think you need to help your O-Line out and get rid of the ball quicker." Hey at least he's honest.

Edit: Stoke beat me by a few seconds.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Indeed the promo was done light-heartedly. I love it. It is called living in the now and now is Vince-time.

So far Vince has acquited himself well during this radio session. I try to gather my thoughts later and contribute to the recap.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Has he directly mentioned playing for the Texans?

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To me, that is one of the things that I think we will notice the most about Young when compared to Carr. Sure, his legs will let him do some amazing things when he scrambles, but Young has extraordinary pocket sense and spacial awareness for a young QB. I don't know what Carr was like in college, but it seems like, on the rare occasions when the Oline does provide him with a bit of a pocket, he doesn't effectively step up into it or sense the rush coming. If he gets pressured, he either bolts out of the pocket, sometimes into other pass rushers, or he tucks and falls so he doesn't get hit hard. I don't see this happening with Young. He will find ways to get his passes off.

19. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Yes, he's basically asked them to draft him!

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm, can anyone recap for us out-of-towners? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.