1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heads up - Summer League repeat of Clips-Rox tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-2, Jul 16, 2006.

1. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Those of you with NBA-TV, it's at 11PM eastern time.

I'll be interested to get a real good look at JL3 and Novak. Hope they don't ride the pine much.

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

i'm going to be torn.....

3. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Look out for the Clippers James Singleton. The Clippers have themselves a Shawn Marion lite....

4. kingkow

kingkow Member

man singleton is a lonny baxter that can shoot 3s

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Bill Simmons has been signing the praises of Singleton for a while now. I don't know if he's the real deal or not, but it absolutely astounds me how the Clippers can find people off the street that end up becoming productive NBA players (see Bobby Simmons, and Quinton Ross).

Although I think some of that has to do with the fact that the Clippers are one of the only teams that are so cheap, they will fill the bench with young minimum salary guys and expect them to play minutes for them. Most other teams will go for more expensive veterans and don't usually play guys without too much track record, unless they get crippled by injuries. With the clips, it's a necessity since they always have cap space, and then when they use up their cap space, they're left with the minimum. Most teams have "avoid the luxury tax" as their budget, but the Clips have the salary cap as theirs. Sterling knows how to make money, that's for sure. And right now, he knows how to field a competitive team while still making money.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow, JL3 is amazing. Great handling, great passer. The person he reminds me of is like on the tip of my tounge i just can't get it. Carroll Is a good shooter.

7. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

The Clippers have a solid eight man rotation and two very promising 2nd year players and a injury prone backup center that plays pretty well when healthy... I really love the old rockets backcourt.....

Kaman
    Brand
    Ross
    Mobley
    Cassell

Livingston
    Maggette
    T Thomas

Ewing
    Singleton
    Rebracca

8. AggieRocketFan96

Interesting to watch these guys in the summer league. Lonny Baxter looks like he has added 20 pounds of muscle, seems much bulkier than last year. Damn, Novak can really shoot the rock. He is fearless pulling the trigger from deep. Yeah, I know its just summer league, but I'm impressed with his accuracy and range. That Pat Carroll kid is pretty good shooter as well.

9. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Well, I've not only seen Chuck Hayes miss 5 FT this half (not sure if he's made any yet), his form is utterly ridiculous. They are Ben Wallace type bricks being chucked (no pun intended). The NBA-TV announcer even remarked that for the kids watching at home, this is NOT how you shoot free throws, lol.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Question to everyone:

Anyone interested in downloading this game if it were available?

I ask since I am recording it...and will gladly release it next week if the demand for it is here..

what say yall?

11. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Can certainly see why Phoenix wants JL3. He struggles to get his shot off in the halfcourt sets, but in the open floor he finds shooters very well. Funny thing is that this summer league team seems to do best when they play like the Suns - drive and dish for the three.

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yes I would be very interested!

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Yeah the announcer jusy said that Houston had a 3 on 1 and Carrol ran to the corner for a 3 ptr. How is Novak doing I've seen him shoot two bricks since I turned it on...?

14. bobmc

bobmc Member

Watching this now. JLIII looks great (again), but I really like Carrol and Haryasz as well. Matt Haryasz is all over the place and is always in the right place to make plays. He appears to have a really high BB IQ and reminds me of a RyBo that can shoot. Along with Novak we should offer them all contracts. Yes, I know that this is summer league but how much worse off could we be than last year. Looks like all upside to me.

15. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

The announcers just did an interview with JVG and he said that, "We will have a trade tomorrow." He then had a long pause and said, "and he's a good shooter."

Was this the Kirk Snyder deal or is this something completely new?

16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this game a rerun? JVG just said we would announce a trade tomorrow. It was during a discussion on shooters.

17. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

I wondered the same thing, but seeing as how the game was last Weds. or so, I'd guess it's the Kirk Snyder one.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I was just about to post this, Is it someone new

19. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man I hate being old and slow.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

this was i guess the battier or snyder trade, cause this was taped earlier in the week, not sure which day though.