1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads Up] Rockets talk on SR610 now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Feb 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Holy crap, that's fascinating. I guess it would explain the way he acted in Toronto. According to Asperger Syndrome (Wikipedia), people with Asperger have impaired social skills, and find it difficult to broadcast their own emotional state.

I would LOVE to get an article about this (What's the extent of his condition. How does he deal with this impairment, etc.). I can't find any hits on this news on the internet except for Rafer's bio on Wikipedia. It almost makes me question if this is legit, since it should be showing up somewhere. Not to mention that Wikipedia entries can be edited and compiled by anybody.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

interesting i read up about asperger for a class a few years back. i wonder how he would be playing out there if he didnt take his meds.

3. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

this is so funny. i read it like a billion times. :D

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This is utter brilliance. The entry:

3:00 AM - Darkness.

had me falling off my chair.

5. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Classic!!!!!!!!!

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i like van gundy but that was hilarious. i was rolling at darkness...

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you actually watch Rafer in interviews, it does seem like there's something strange about him. He is sort of anxious. And he rushes through his words and doesn't seem to make direct eye contact. I guess this would explain that.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The guy who invented BitTorrent had asperger. These people can be brilliant.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes, because if it's not on the internet it can't be true.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yeah, that system is so outdated that Yao just dropped 29-15 and has been dropping 20+ and 10+ per night since returning. What a horrible system. :rolleyes:

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

man sam mitchell is a grump because he thinks that would make him look like a better coach than he is. i watched him 'coach' the raptors last year and they didnt seem to have any gameplan whatsoever. he's the type that thinks if he yells at his players to playhard, give em all you got, etc that would make his team win. rafer said it so himself. gundy prepares the team every game. i didnt see that with sam mitchell. and rafer got into trouble with sam mitchell only because alston was contesting a call with an official, and sam yelled and threw rafer out of the game. more so to show how 'old school' he was and he was in charge and he can do whatever he wanted to his bunch of players.

sorry for the anti-sam mitchell rant. that dude pissed me off when he kept appearing on canadian sports channels publicly blasting his players after every crap game they lost.

thanks for the info on rafer's condition. pretty amazing. had no idea

13. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

god I love Jeff Van Gundy

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Very funny. But you'd expect SOMETHING. It's one thing when the Internet provides bogus or conflicting information, but it's whole different story when you can't find any hits on a reference. You'd think there would have been at least one article about his condition.

I emailed Feigen about this and he said that he hasn't heard anything about it, but that he'd make some inquiries. Maybe he will get to the bottom of this.

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Wow. that thing about Rafer is intersting. I wonder if that actually helps his game.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont know, but maybe look at the bigger picture, instead of looking into one game? That could be a start. :rolleyes:

17. maud'dib

maud'dib Rookie

so thats why rafer dropped weight on the groin of his teammate.

18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Please don't bring up old threads.

19. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Second

Third

Fourth

Fifth this.

Now I need to stop bumping this as well. :p

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Newb!

I was wondering at first why in the interview he didn't mention / was questioned about his recent troubles with the law....