1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Heads up] Kobe to join Dan Patrick at top of next hour

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigermission1, May 30, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

If there's a bigger whiner in league history, I would like to meet him...at least someone of Kobe's caliber as a player.

This sounds WAAAAAAAY too planned out for me to believe that he just woke up one day and decided to call into every show and do an interview expressing his displeasure with the Lakers' front office. This sounds like a pretty coordinated 'media blitz' campaign that Kobe and his agent cooked up.

All in all and having heard almost all of Kobe's interviews so far, he doesn't want to leave the Lakers and is just trying to get rid of some people in the front office AND light some fire under their butts to help bring about a major talent upgrade.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This whole thing just makes me hate Kobe even more. It just confirms what kind of guy he is. NO WAY I will ever cheer for him, even if he is on my team! :mad:

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Kobe is just frustrated he's not going anywhere. No trade.

If anything the Lakers will actually try to build a better team instead of the joke of a team he is on.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well, he was plastered all over your TV tonight. Duncan is a huge whiner. The difference is Duncan is playing for a tight winning organization who has the recipe down.

I agree with you. This was totally scripted by Kobe and a brilliant move on his part. He has the clout to bring it down and he is using it. As much as I hate to admit it or say it, I gotta give him attaboys for this one. The dude wants to win. The money is very, very secondary to him. He wants hardware. And he is exercising every bit of his influence to make it happen. Jon Barry is on ESPN punking him for being selfish and he should have kept it in house, every player goes through this stuff, etc. etc. etc. There's one big difference between every player and Kobe. Kobe is an all-world player. He has a lot of power, and he's got enough sack to use it. Props to him.

5. lalala902102001

What an attention w****!

Seriously, this is why Kobe will never become MJ. Jordan would have never done something as stupid as this.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh. My. Have you listened to the interview with Kobe given by the guys at AM 570 in Los Angeles? I have never heard or seen a bigger group of "yes men" in my life. Listen to these guys absolutely KISS Kobe's ass up and down....

http://store.kb24.com/auction/kobe_cannons.mp3

YOU ARE SUNSHINE, KOBE BRYANT!

7. tigermission1

"You're the voice of the people, Kobe"..."You're magnanimous, Kobe"..."Lakers nation is behind you, Kobe"..."You transcend this negative energy, Kobe"..."You're Sunshine, Kobe"..."You're a revolutionary, Kobe"..."Your self-sacrifice has been noted, Kobe, and the whole world is with you"

Are you f'n kidding me? :eek: :rolleyes:

The only comments worthwhile was in regards to Shaq and their relationship...

#47 tigermission1, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

That guy is Vic "The Brick" Jacobs, a personality notorious for being insane around here. He basically just spouts off about "the collective will" and "positive energy" after every Lakers loss and is convinced they can win a championship if Laker fans would just believe in it.

9. Subliminal012

Subliminal012 Member

That's r****ded its managements responsibility to ensure you have adequate talent, especially after you sign a 7 year contract under the promise that you will be surrounded by complementary players in order to make a run at the playoffs. Trades for BD and Boozer were turned down under bull**** excuses by kupchak.

10. tigermission1

So all of you guys would be perfectly fine if Yao or McGrady went on a media rampage and just destroyed the Rockets organization in public and in the process threw everyone associated with it under the bus?

That's just ridiculous. I don't care who you are, you simply do NOT go about things this way. I have NEVER seen anything like this before. I have never seen an entire organization get completely destroyed by its franchise player on every major radio station/show in the country.

I have defended Kobe in the past, but I am sorry, his actions this time around are completely inexcusable.

If he stays, the Lakers better be prepared for another 'blowup' like this one whenever Kobe feels like he can't get his way with something/someone.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

When they get to have Kobe talk to them, its like the junior high chess team having Jessica Alba over for a guest appearance.

During the Kobe rape trials, they hardly changed their tune at ALL to Kobe, same stuff. Hoping he can be strong and make it through the tribulations and hardships and lead the team to the promised land, and....
    And they were just flat out pathetic acting after Derek Fisher hit that last second against the Spurs (rightfully so i guess)

All led by that schmuck

12. jlwee

jlwee Member

All GMs promised their franchise players this what do you expect? Trades in real world is not the same those you play in the nba live or nba 2k7 etc. You think Jazz will trade Boozer for some scrubs from the Lakers? The nets will trade Kidd just for Odom and not Bynum?

All Kobe wankers said he wanna win that's why he is forcing the lakers' organisation. That's bullsh*t. Kobe is only thinkin about himself as he wanna prove to the world that he can win without Shaq and that he is the same or better than MJ.

Too bad Kobe, if you want others to respect you please learn to respect others first! At least respect your own organization!

13. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

He does this stuff every single day man, don't be shocked. Just listen to the show more and you'll see the main host Steve Hartman clown him every once in awhile.

ex Laker Mychal Thompson works for the lakers so don't think he'll go off bashing him.

Vic on the other hand smokes weed and is always quoting some silly haiku or telling the team they need to see 300 for inspiration or some crap like that.

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I think you're being more dramatic then Kobe.

It seems pretty simple to me. Kobe is frustrated by the personnel moves on the team, so he went public by saying he wanted to be traded. There's no law that states you have to keep quiet if you are unhappy.

Personally - I think it was a smart move - Kobe is the Lakers - and it forces management now to deal with the issues of building a better team, instead of just being content to make money selling Kobe Bryant's name.

Can't blame the guy. He played hard last year and did everything he could. He needs some better role-players.

It's too bad T-mac and Yao are too timid to speak out and demand the same thing from Les.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

vic jacobs is one of the biggest kobe/laker nut huggers i have seen ever, the lakers could lose by 80 points and he will make something positive of it. he is really annoying to hear because he takes "homerism" to an extreme. Mychael Thompson is on the laker payroll as their color guy for radio so he cant really be critical of the lakers or for kobe because he is a big supportor of kobe as well. Finally steve hartman is probably the only guy who is critical of kobe (he was the one who asked kobe why didnt you go up to dr buss and say i want shaq to stay) but even he talks a big talk but shys away. he is more critical and says things during broadcasts but come interviews or anything he tosses up more softie questions as anyone else.

sad thing is despite all of that they're probably one of the better radio programs out here in la

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That interview? Did you listen to the Stephen Smith podcast on ESPN.com? Smith kissed Kobe's ass so much his lips wound up stuck to both cheeks..

17. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Reports as of Thursday morning per realgm wiretap, he wants to be traded again :eek:

Kobe needs to go in a corner a sit there for 3 years like Jack Bauer did in the chinese prison.