1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heads up: 7/16 Rockets vs Cavs game archive is available at nba.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaomac11, Jul 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. yaomac11

yaomac11 Member

2. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

i cant watch it..you lyer

3. yaomac11

yaomac11 Member

Here is the correct link It only works in IE.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It works for me. I'm using Firefox 3.0.

5. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

got it. thankx... hehe..

6. lastmanstanding

about frickin time nba.com .
    hopefully the next game will be streamed live.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They are improving. Maybe the NBA feels guilty about last night's fiasco and worked harder to get it up.

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I'm sure they feel guilty. :rolleyes:

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

I wish there was at least commentary..

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joey dorsey had one of the fattest dunks I've seen in a while.....

12. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Heh.. To bad it wasn't contested. If that's the one your talking about. :(

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish that ELIAAYO guy was calling the game.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Dorsey had two vicious dunks in this game. He sure knows how to flush uncontested dunks.

15. FFz

FFz Member

so far i got 2 of dorsey's turnovers as an illegal screen and an offensive foul.

16. FFz

FFz Member

Greene looks like he's tired starting the 2nd half.. Just walking up the court and shorting all his shots.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

My impressions now that I've watched the whole game...

Aaron Brooks: There were times when he was dribbling all over the place but going nowhere. It's like he forgets to use his speed to actually get past his man. Also, there were at least 2 instances where he threw an alley oop that wasn't really open. I think he'll be alright with a reduced role where he isn't asked to do so much (which is the he'll have on the real team).

Joey Dorsey: He really is a Chuck Hayes clone with more athleticism and a mean streak. Too bad he's got the same major issues (no shot whatsoever, no free throw shooting ability, and a tendency to pick up cheap fouls). On one play, Joey was running the floor and jogged into the lane to try and post up, but instead he just bulldozed the waiting defender. He's got to learn not to do that kind of stuff. I love the dunks though...let's keep those in the repertoire.

Maarty Leunen: What can I say? So far he's basically what we all wanted Novak to become. He's a shooter, he can put the ball on the floor a little bit, he rebounds, he's somewhat athletic, and he doesn't play scared. Pack 'yer bags, Steve.

Donte Greene: Plays a little bit like he's the best kid on a high school team. Most of the time he doesn't wait around for anyone else, and if he wants to shoot, he shoots. He seemed to take a lot of bad contested shots, and he even rushed some wide open ones. He did get to the basket a fair amount and despite not finishing well, he got to the line. Didn't show much on defense or on the boards, but wasn't noticeably bad. He just needs to settle down a bit. He's got a smooth stroke and a quick release, so it's only a matter of better shot selection.

Mike Harris: He does well for himself at the SF position, but I would not even think of playing him at the SG. There has been talk that he improved his outside jumper, but all the shots I saw in this game looked horrid in terms of both release and where they ended up in relation to the rim.

18. FFz

FFz Member

haha there were some rocket fans that were into it and chanting defense and "lets go rockets." I like it!

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Dorsey's freethrows at least have good form, maybe he can get that % up eventually...