1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Head or Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 19, 2007.

?

Who'll get more minutes in rotation?

1. Luther Head

199 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Steve Francis

383 vote(s)
    65.8%
  1. liangqj

liangqj Member

Good question.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wasn't the exact same crap with the exact same "Letter by Chuck Hayes" posted in another thread, too?

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought that question was a joke. :confused:

4. roxinsider1911

Guys RELAX.

Again like I've pointed in past blogs. It's preseason.

So far the Rockets have looked bad versus a New Orleans Team that most people believe won't even make the playoffs

Good against a Greek team that didn't know the rules.

Good against a team of scrubs from Dallas

And now they've played well against a Sonics team that will battle for last in the West this season.

We haven't been tested.

Rafer is still Rafer. Chuck Hayes is still Chuck Hayes.

When the level of competition is raised to NBA level the same problems we have had will come back to light.

You are putting to much stock into what you are seeing from the starting 5 and certain players getting minutes.

Oh yeah in my previous blog when I said Chuck cant rebound. Dude last season he averaged 6 rpg. That sucks. And for a guy who can't score and his focus is defense and rebounding he needs to have at least 9rpg to compensate for his lack of scoring.

and the statement about me spelling words wrong and what not... It's a blog... It's not a book report... Be anal about the message...not the words...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Oh god ...

Perfect example of why you shouldn't rely on per-game stats. People use them and come up with brilliant conclusions like "Chuck can't rebound."

Chuck averaged 22 mpg last year. If he managed to get 9 rpg, like you say he should have gotten, then he'd have led the league in per-minute rebounding. Chuck's a very good rebounder; no one said he's the best rebounder in the league.

Deke only averaged 6.5 rpg, and he's a 7'2 center who's only job is to hang around the basket and rebound/block shots. He sucks! :rolleyes:

6. xianwind

xianwind New Member

Francis
    Former All Star

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

The way you talk about Steve Francis you would think that mad killed your mother or something, I mean all you do is talk bad about him. Do you really hate him that much?

8. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

This is still preseason,Way to early to judge anything. We have to watch the season unfold,when the competition gets tough rafer altson,mike james,head might not play so well. Steve francis has plenty of time and he will have plenty of oppurtunity to display his game and come playoff time and when things get nitty gritty you need someone like francis who can break people down and create his own shot.

Steve needs to keep working on his game and be ready to play because he will get his shot.There are so many moves and turns,peaks and valley's during the 82 game season that you know never know who is going to be playing the same 10,20,30,40 games from right now in the infant stages of the preseason.

9. mclawson

mclawson Member

I say learn blogs vs. forums before you post again. Loose vs. lose, wholes vs. holes, and the host of other mistakes you make just serve to make you look even less intelligent, which is quite the feat, really.

You want 9rpg from Hayes with his ~22 mpg? Really? Yeah, me too since that would make him tops in the league per minute.

And the Rockets are playing Rafer, the same Rafer you say sucks beyond belief, in order to shop him around? If he sucks as much as you say, then wouldn't that just expose all of his supposed shortcomings, decreasing his trade value? Ahh, but the other Rockets must be in on it too, making Rafer look good. They'll keep playing well together until Rafer is traded. That makes perfect sense. It's brilliant!

10. pli777

pli777 Member

After Adelman's "someone's not playing" speech yesterday, do you guys think francis will see any PT at all? He did indicate francis is still the only one finding it hard to adjust to the offence.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I suspect Stevie will figure it out and get on the court. There is a load at the 2, starting with TMac 'allowing' Shane time that Scola will take at the 4. And there's Bonzi. Stevie will have to get time at the 1 and Head getting on the hardwood will be hard.

Ain't it grand that Adelman will have to be beyond great to manage minutes.
    Let RA manage W's.

12. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Well said, brilliant, you're a basketball genius, seriously.

Hate????????????????????? Open up your mind because they way things are going looks like we have another JVG-VGina duo in the making.

13. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Absolutely no way is Steve the 3rd best player on the roster when we have very solid players in Scola and Battier. Many here think he's not even the 3rd best guard we have.

14. powerfoward

powerfoward Member

Agree!
    SF3 and Head are just not in the same type, he can play 1&2.
    Although SF3 is no longer that ALL-star starter as he was, he is the most explosive player on the bench of ROX, and a backup for tmac.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cant fathom how i just read this whole thread.

blah

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see both of these guys getting equal minutes.

Luther at the 2 and Stevie getting some at the one but more at the two.

17. Coca Cola Scola

Someone brought up the marketing aspect. Anyone notice that commercial where they have the puzzle pieces and it featured Yao, Tmac, Battier, Adelman, Scola, James and Francis....?

18. ayears

ayears Member

i was just kidding... actually :D

19. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Luther does not have the skills to play 1, and does not have the size to play the 2. He may be a good 3 point shooter, and can penetrate every once in a while, he is too much of a liability. He won't get any playing time unless someone gets hurt.

Francis has the size to play both positions, and can at least bring the ball up half-court. He does have a tendency to turn the ball over when he tries to do too much. He will definitely need to get better on defense, and learn to move without the ball. However, he does give the Rockets someone who can potentially take over a game, but I think he is a good fit only when playing the 2 when the Rockets go small (when Yao goes on the bench, and Scola is playing C). Outside of that, I am not sure what role he has on the team.

20. slmonky

slmonky Member

That is very true!