1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HC candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Adelman + JVG combination. JVG for defense and Adelman for offense. Let's revolutionize the co-head coach position.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Mark Jackson would do good here but Houston won't hire him.

3. Chexy

Chexy Member

You're delusional. He might be worth firing, but it'd be terrible from a media perspective to fire a coach that just went to the WCF. Not to mention every year since hiring McHale our wins have increased.

Not that either of those are the product of McHale. But, still, they can't so quickly fire somebody with those on his resume, even if he lucked into them.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I deathly afraid that the Rockets will become the next Knicks. Remember the Knicks a couple years led the Eastern Conference in wins and in the next season imploded with nearly the same roster and he didn't even make the playoffs. Both teams have ****ty coaches with a iso-loving jumpshooting no D, lack of effort star player.

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Why the hell not. Give me three reasons.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Yes. They can.

The media hates us anyway? Do we want to WIN a championship or have the media on our nuts?

SMH.

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

If the FO is too scared to make a move because of what the media will think, then they shouldn't be running an NBA Franchise. This team may need time to gel, but you can't get blown out by Denver on opening night and lose by 20 when you have a 21 point lead in the 3rd. That's bad preparation and coaching.

Morey built this team to win now, he damn well better have the cojones to fire this dude if we continue this pathetic attempt at professional basketball.

They would never do it, but I'd love Adelman back. Never fully agreed with the firing. Another guy I'd consider is McMillan, but I fear he's been out of the NBA too long.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Thibs will never accept. He doesnt' want intervention from the front office.

The team lost by 20!!!!! in every game it has played in RS.
    If the media fail to understand it then the media has the brain of a donkey and who cares.

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

funny how our wins increased every year Harden increased his scoring average and then we got dwight, even mike brown would have won 55 or so games with harden and howard

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Pretty much this....

Maybe things will get better once Leslie understands he will never win another trophy, sell the team, new owner fires Morey and Mchale immediately, re-designs jerseys and we can start over. We will never win big with this combination of a GM, head coach and best player.

11. dream2franchise

Isn't Chris Finch a lock to replace McHale in this kind of situation?

No to coaches who peaked playing 90's ball. Everything has changed up now and NBA offense is more sophisticated than ever.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey and les aren't going to voluntarily part with mchale. the only things i could see forcing their hands would be harden requesting it or a barrage of houston media pounding the front office daily about mchale's incompetence. and both those scenarios look unlikely.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Throw all the money at Kevin Ollie

14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

This team looks lost.. This team looks like they don't know what they are supposed to do..

I have NEVER seen a team more prepared then a JVG coached team.

We have the talent, we need he coach

Hayes is back and so it is time for JVG to come back

15. dream2franchise

I know nothing of College basketball, anything out there worth targeting (hypothetically?)

I see names like John Beilein (Michigan) and Bob McKillop (Davidson) pop up as having sophisticated offenses.

On McKillop:

"The creativity of the off-ball screens in McKillop's offense to get guys free for 3s are incredible"

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25269162/candid-coaches-who-is-the-best-offensive-coach-in-college-basketball

Again. I'm a college-ball novice, so anyone with the knowledge, well...feel free to drop it.

16. Misigns

Misigns Member

[​IMG]

Summer League champion, she knows what it takes to win championships.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="es"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very excited about Coach McHale's extension. He is the winningest coach in Rockets history and knows what it takes to win championships</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/547806347182751744">diciembre 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

According to Morey, coaching is not that important, since he's the strategist. Coaches only sway a team's wins or losses by 5 maximum per season.

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I don't care about 'wearing players down' Thibs is exactly the coach we need for this team. someone intense who will hold players accountable and yell at them

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah.. He seems like the same style of coach that Mchale is.... A player's coach who is loose with his players. This team needs some discipline.