1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] True Detective: Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ryan_98, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Who can honestly say i'm going back to re watch season 2?
    bring back woody and rust for season 3?...

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i will binge watch the season in a few months and see how that goes... and no. if there's a seaon 3, bring back cary fukunaga

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Ugh, I wasted 8 1/2 hours of my life that I can never get back watching that crap thinking surely it would be worth it if I made it to the end. What a terrible ending to a terrible series. If HBO can't do better than that hot garbage they should not make a season 3.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fukunaga never left, was always on board, was just in the role of an executive producer this time

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Maybe this whole thing was made to tell one story.
    Imagine season 1 was a movie instead. That way they wouldn't have the pressure to make multiple seasons?

i'm trying to digest this and it doesn't work anyway you slice it.
    People claimed s1 was better then bb with just one story.

Also s1 had one director, s2 had a new one every single episode.
    Did Mr Nic pepperoni feel he HAD to make follow ups? Could he have used the s1 story arch beyond one season?

This is a terrible fall. I was defending this season a lot in the beginning claiming its clear it wont be as successful as season 1, but common this is hot garbage.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Thats a nice way of saying he got paid for having his name put in the credits without having any involvement in the creative or production aspects of thisseason at all. There was bad blood between him and Pizzolato, and he absented himself from the process after season 1.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Frank's dad kept him in a basement for 3 days with no food, water, light, etc... he had to fight to live. They reintroduced it to show Frank fighting for his life again. It actually made me think he might walk out of there alive. He had strong will. That was Frank. Makes perfect sense to me and was used well IMO.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Well, I decided after the second episode to stop watching and wait until later to binge watch.

Dropped in today to gauge some opinions and now I'm not sure that I'll ever get around to watching it.

It's a shame too, the first season is one of my all time favorites as far as shows go.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

McAdams - Her character was interesting but I think someone said . .. she did not stretch the character like she could have. The were opportunities where she could have been made a more tense character with tense moments but they took the easy way out. They were also heavy handed with the foreshadowing .. . I mean seriously show the knife practice and then use the exact same move in 35 minutes later . . . you had 8.5 hours. . . .

Vaugn - So was he incredibly stupid or what? How did this land deal thing fall from under him so completely. In the first Episode he is Don Corleone at then end he is Freddo. I mean seriously . .. you a wanted criminal with all kinds of mobsters after you and you get caught with a simple box in move . . .you not paying attention at the most tense moments of your life?

MotorCycle Guy - The subplot of his homosexuality was .. . .meh. I mean I added I guess to his motivation but I thought the PTSD was more intriguing. The Subplot with the actress was crap. his mom was crap. his wife/gf added to the story . He had one of the better arcs

Colin Farrel - best character . . best arc. . . still silly ending. The second he took that exit you knew. It was too fricking cliche!! the movie HEAT did it better *grin* The results letter CLICHE!! [oooo look Rickey just got his SATs back and he could have went to college and been a football star . .. WWWOOOO *Boys in the Hood Reference* ] If you from that city . . .there are millions of places to go but hey . . .go to the woods. why? Good thing the tracker has better reception that his cell phone

They could have easily shaved off about 3 maybe 4 hours and still been on the same level

Rocket River

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Season 1 ranked right up there for me, as well, and you would be correct in not watching this season. It will only disappoint you. There's a few apologists for this show, but really it just wasn't good storytelling in the slightest.

Hopefully Season 3 bounces back, if there even is one.

11. conquistador#11

you just don't ask for another man's suit while he is wearing it. these narcos now a days smh.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

* Loved Season 1. Really enjoyed the characters and chemistry. It was shot well. I enjoyed the ending.

* Did not enjoy season 2. But that has nothing to do with it as compared to season 1. Just did not "connect" with the characters early and that hurt. They were TOO heavy handed early on. "Everyone was dark, bad" etc. The way Rust Chole talked in season 1? Now EVERYONE is talking that way in season 2? Everything "bolded", takes the specialness away from certain things. The plot wasn't interesting and it was messy. I thought Ray and Ani's characters were done well. But I did not FULLY care for them until the LAST episode. I thought the finale was good and unlike the rest of the episodes.

* Despite season 2 being underwhelming, I will absolutely watch season 3. While season 2 was never going to top season 1, season 3 now has an easy chance to top season 2.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yep, thought they were setting it up for Frank to live. What a letdown that he croaked.

I liked Franks entire sequence- he was so focused on going legit that he ignored the crooks in the background. Natural reaction. The way he went out was stupid, though.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I finally got around to finishing the last 2 episodes. I really enjoyed the season once i got past Colin Farrel's crappy strained delivery for all of his dialog.

Vince Vaughn didn't bother me too much.

Over all not too bad. I'll watch season 3 if they make one.

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

*Spoilers ahead*

How did the Mexicans know where to find Frank when he was supposedly making a getaway in a clean car? You knew they were going to show up again when Frank burned their deal but just out of nowhere they show up?

Did Velcoro's video finish uploading? I thought it did and that's why he suicided but I read on Slate it didn't.

The girls and Nails only got away to Venezuela with $100K right?

Who ends up owning the corridor land since the Corporate dude and the Russians were killed? Will anyone ever find the diamonds on Frank's corpse.

You know, the sophomore slump is a real phenomenon. The first installment was so new and different and the starring roles so unique #2 was never going to match it for surprise and delight, partly because we were always going to be comparing it instead of absorbing it as a separate entity.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think the corridor land went undeveloped, hence the opening scene

Velcoro's message was not delivered.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i figured the armenians gave him up

18. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

After he was shot they panned to his phone and it showed a message saying the upload failed...

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This show sounds like it sucked. After watching the first and second pathetic episodes, the wife and I lost interest. After reading through here and hearing everyone else talk about how ****ty it is, I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it. It is such a shame since the first season was badass.